Apple Car Play or Android Auto

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Several posts on the forum have made reference to the Apple Car Play and Android Auto and members have been wondering which one Audi will go with.

Well there is an article in this week's Auto Express called the "Next Golf's tech secrets revealed" and it appears that the new Golf Mk 8 when in comes out in 2017 will be compatible with BOTH systems.

So I think it's safe to assume that Audi will be doing the same and be compatible with BOTH.

There is also mention of a new 10-speed DSG which is set to feature in the new GTI, GTD and R models and a 268bhp BiTDI engine.

It seems that VW have now said they will being now be working to a five-year model change cycle for the Golf with a means a new Golf Mk 8 in 2017 and a face-lift of the current Mk 7 due next year. Again I wonder if Audi will be following a similar path.

Reactions: veeeight and NHN
Thanks Dave like these info threads of yours :)

Reactions: veeeight
Some good Android Auto stuff from the LA Auto Show here.

The current MMI in the A3 (8V) is capable of running Android Auto so Audi could more than likely issue a software update to bring Android Auto and Car Play to our A3's. However, I could also see Audi wanting to upgrade to a newer Nvidia Chipset (K1 would be awesome) and hence leave our current A3's out in the cold. Time will tell. So far I havent been able to get any indication from Audi.

I couldn't see them running just one system because then they'd possibly lose a potential sale if a buyer's phone wasn't compatible..