Apple CarPlay

chanlon1

Reaction score
Website
www.babybmw.net
Hoping someone can advise.

iPhone 7 is plugged in to car and car play is activated.
On the screen I navigate to Amazon Music or Spotify and select it.
Nothing happens. Blank screen.
If I lift up the phone, and access Amazon Music or Spotify directly on the phone, it then appears on the car screen and works.

I can’t get either of those two to work unless I start them via the actual phone.
Once working everything with them is fine.

Am I doing something wrong?
Both apps are the latest version etc.

Thanks

Phone & MMI on latest version too? tried a different cable and a soft reset on the iPhone?

Mine doesn't always boot into car play despite the lead being in sometimes, i have to unplug and plug back in

From reading the feedback on the amazon music app it appears to be having issues with CarPlay at this current version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine can instantly connect one time then the next it just doesn’t play ball. Not sure why.

Similar problems here with Spotify, sometimes it plays at 1.5x speed

Everything I have is up to date. But if everyone else is having issues then it’s not personal to me!!
Probably related to how the frameless windows work............

Seems to be that he phone needs to be either unlocked or at least the screen on.
If the phone has locked itself it doesn’t work.

I checked the CarPlay setting and the option is switched on okay.

Confused......

Mine will work from a locked phone. I tried it tonight and it took say 20 seconds to run bit did in the end.

Ohhh what lead do you need for the A5 for car play? I was just about to get rid of the S3 leads as I never used them! May be the same!

I’ve tried both the Audi cable I got with the car and the regular lightning usb from apple and they work both fine for me

Reactions: S32B
@S32B you get a cable with the car - just let your sales guy know whether you want Apple or Android ahead of collection.

I’ve tried both the Audi cable I got with the car and the regular lightning usb from apple and they work both fine for me

So you can fire up CarPlay and even with your phone locked etc, you can still start Amazon Music and play songs?

It’s been working fine for me on both Spotify and Amazon music until this week and I got the exact same issue. Blank screen when clicking on Spotify app.

Plus it even stopped me taking calls through the car speakers in apple car play.

Switched phone off and back on again and it works ok again now...

So you can fire up CarPlay and even with your phone locked etc, you can still start Amazon Music and play songs?

Yo can set this up within car play settings on your iphone. To start when locked.

Settings-general-CarPlay I think is where it’s located.

Hoping someone can advise.

On the screen I navigate to Amazon Music or Spotify and select it.
Nothing happens. Blank screen.
If I lift up the phone, and access Amazon Music or Spotify directly on the phone, it then appears on the car screen and works.

I can’t get either of those two to work unless I start them via the actual phone.
Once working everything with them is fine.

Am I doing something wrong?
Both apps are the latest version etc.

Thanks
Have you tried uninstalling the apps and then reinstalling them? If nothing else it will free up a load of space on your phone, I do that now and again with apps that are using more space than they need to!

This is what happened.
Plugged phone in after starting engine.
Carplay came on and I went to the Podcast App and started listening to a podcast.
Backed out to menu, and went to Spotify.
Spotify loaded up, and I went to a playlist and it started ok.

Backed out.
Went to Amazon Music.
It started up okay.
Navigated to a song I downloaded...tried to play it..nothing happened...sat looking at the screen for maybe 5 mins.....still nothing.
Navigated to a playlist, again nothing would start.

Backed out...
Went to BBC Radio iplayer app.
Started it...just got a black screen even though I am registered on the app etc.

Went back to Spotify.....it was still working okay.......

This is what happened.
Plugged phone in after starting engine.
Carplay came on and I went to the Podcast App and started listening to a podcast.
Backed out to menu, and went to Spotify.
Spotify loaded up, and I went to a playlist and it started ok.

Backed out.
Went to Amazon Music.
It started up okay.
Navigated to a song I downloaded...tried to play it..nothing happened...sat looking at the screen for maybe 5 mins.....still nothing.
Navigated to a playlist, again nothing would start.

Backed out...
Went to BBC Radio iplayer app.
Started it...just got a black screen even though I am registered on the app etc.

Went back to Spotify.....it was still working okay.......
Picking up on this, I just tried my Amazon Music, once playing it just shows rewind, pause and fastforward icons...any way to show the album art instead?

Picking up on this, I just tried my Amazon Music, once playing it just shows rewind, pause and fastforward icons...any way to show the album art instead?

I believe it just shows it in the background as a blurred image.
Can you get amazon music playing ok whilst the phone is locked?

I believe it just shows it in the background as a blurred image.
Can you get amazon music playing ok whilst the phone is locked?
I'll try it tomorrow mate, just plugged it in today and went from there...so the screen was already unlocked.

Been trying Amazon and Spotify since the last post, seems to be hit and miss at times as to when it works!

Not sure whether the recent iOS 11 releases or individual Amazon/Spotify app updates have resolved it, but its working now a hell of a lot better than it had been.

Not sure whether the recent iOS 11 releases or individual Amazon/Spotify app updates have resolved it, but its working now a hell of a lot better than it had been.
Got a week off now and I have just got Spotify premium for free :) so I'll try it this week ;)

PS: Just wish it would show the album art!