APR Stage 1 - S3

Dandanfings

Reaction score
First things first, i cant discuss power figures yet (its VERY close to what is claimed), what i can tell you is that it equals Golf R's so those of you that have been seeing lower figures on S3's can rest easy, in fact my S3 made more than the Golf R did at Awesome with the same Stage 1 map!.

I have also added the rather lovely APR carbon fiber intake, which added 7 BHP to peak power and nothing before.... perhaps this intake will be more beneficial at later stages?

So bit of a strange one this, I was running a map from Motech before going APR and that map has been bugging me for some time, reasons are:
  • 6th gear revs seemed to wave when slowly feeding the throttle (clutch slip)
  • Launch control didn't work very well, faster to just launch from a standstill in S
  • low rpm response was poor, made the car feel heavy
Well would you believe it, that map only made 335bhp and 330ft-lb of torque and to make matters worse, made less power than stock up until 3000rpm....no wonder the car felt heavy at low speed!

That is all for now, i made a review video but my microphone was busted so i am going to redo one and upload later on this afternoon :racer:

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly, grchmason, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person
I think he may be referring to the Motech map that was poor before he had the APR one put on? Are you also saying the APR intake had no effect on power figures with the Motech map, but gained 7BHP with the APR map? Im just intrigued as i have the APR intake on, albeit not with a motech Map.

I put an APR intake on before I had my remap (Revo)

I noticed significant improvement in throttle response - mostly in midrange pickup.
I wouldn't say there was anything noticeable at the traffic light grand-prix - 0-30

I don't have numbers - it's only how the car felt.

Have not seen the APR announcement for S3 stage 1.
Sorry but i´m re reading and understand that the map used is the Golf R´s ?

i was referring to the Motech map being poor... also this is a pre-release S3 map by APR.
My microphone is playing up on the gopro so give me a chance and you will have a vid shortly.

Sounds great, i´m still waiting for the official release.

i was referring to the Motech map being poor... also this is a pre-release S3 map by APR.
My microphone is playing up on the gopro so give me a chance and you will have a vid shortly.

Looking forward to the vid, can you give us a steer on when the APR map is likely to be formally released?

Cheers

Well its taking forever to upload... also forgot to blur my number plate! :banghead:
Should show below in the next 30 mins or so :racer:

Reactions: RO65ERS, RAPS3, terapati and 6 others
Nice vid bud, do you have preview dyno sheets for this beta?

Well its taking forever to upload... also forgot to blur my number plate! :banghead:
Should show below in the next 30 mins or so :racer:

Lovely vid mate. What cam you using in your car?

Nice vid!! Loving the reactions to the new found torque & speed....:D

So it doesn't make the DSG gear change noise anymore? That's a bit of a bummer.. :(

I'm so undecided on what to do with mine.. urgh

Reactions: Liam Joyce
Guys, please remember this is pre-release software. Thank you!

Reactions: batch
So it doesn't make the DSG gear change noise anymore? That's a bit of a bummer.. :(

I'm so undecided on what to do with mine.. urgh

I should of been more clear, i meant when going WOT it doesnt.
However at part throttle in regular driving the DSG farts are louder than stock :)

Interesting Yeh was hoping for more torque from the map, what do you mean WOT it doesn't?

Again do we have a TD1 issue with the APR map?

I should of been more clear, i meant when going WOT it doesnt.
However at part throttle in regular driving the DSG farts are louder than stock :)

Cheers for that.. I'm tempted to call in at Awesome tomorrow seeing that I'm passing.

Just can't get the TD1 out of my head :3sadwalk:

Reactions: The Challinor
Will this be switchable from the Cruise stalk like with the 8P? And again, any Warranty issues?

Will this be switchable from the Cruise stalk like with the 8P? And again, any Warranty issues?
It'll have the TD1 I'm sure.. If they'd found a way round it that'd be their number one usp right there

Guys, please remember this is pre-release software. Thank you!

I was experienced also the rough clutch engage at Eco mode when returning from "coasting"..

I didn't try launch though..

Is Dan got high output or low?

Also I experienced left foot braking (boost brake) after i turned into stock again. That's not OEM option. I afraid Audi can notice this change and hit TD1.

I have now APR st1 ver1.0 also.

+30 bhp is pretty poor tbh
Sorry that was the 'other brand' map which also made less power than stock up to 3000rpm
APR was much higher than that and close to what they quote when combined with the airbox (added 7bhp)

so did you car make 375bhp with just a map and intake

so did you car make 375bhp with just a map and intake
:whistle2:
Yeah i'm not supposed to quote power figures as it is a pre-release map... but i kinda did further up in this thread.
Like i said if that's what we are getting now, just wait till the full release or future updates!

TD1 has been circumvented thus far by returning cars back to stock software, which is true for most aftermarket tuning companies. This is something many of our customers do, though it's not guaranteed to work as VAG is constantly improving their detection methods.

We do not advertise TD1-free software.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam Joyce and Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.