Apr%

JDHOWELLS

Reaction score
Not an A3 specific question.. but posting in here as it normally the most active.. spotted an Audi RSq3, technically 2nd hand - 500 miles on the ODO, thought I’d drop the stealership a line to see if a deal could be made - I’m few months before i can really start looking, but always worth a punt..

They came back to me with a “deal” at 9.9% apr!!! Saying that Audi now tailor the PCP to the buyer based on credit history - mine is extremely good..

I politely told him to shove it... I’m currently on 5.5% APR with my land rover, and BMW are offered great 2.9% across the whole range including M - what are Audi thinking? Surely no one would except a pcp “deal” with almost 10% apr.. Audi have had high apr for a while but that is taking the p*ss..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lower APR is usually offered on new vehicles, not sure why that is. Used vehicles always seem to have higher APR when financing hence most people suggest not financing used vehicles, I guess that's how they make their money on them.

I understand that regarding used, but still, 10%, who in their right mind would accept it, my S3, though new was at 4.7%..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New RS models and used RS models always have carried a higher apr than the rest of the Audi range Used RS models these days is normally around 7-8%

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

BMW are only 2.9% on their new cars, used are between 7.9 and 9.9%

Lower APR is usually offered on new vehicles, not sure why that is. Used vehicles always seem to have higher APR when financing hence most people suggest not financing used vehicles, I guess that's how they make their money on them.

Lower Apr rates and contributions are offered on new cars as an a way to make them more attractive to the buyer.

Reactions: Ludus