aqua wax

weebelly

Reaction score
quick question guys am new to the polishing seen couple of videos on youtube

av bought auto glym aqua wax do i need to wet the car then appy it or can i just apply it normal with out water because i want to

claybar then polish then wax it

is this ok

I apply aqua wax after rinsing off the shampoo. The paintwork must be wet for it to work. You just spray it on the wet surface and wipe off with a micro fibre cloth. When you’ve done the whole car, the paintwork will be slightly dull but the aqua wax will have dried, so you then just finish off with a dry micro fibre and that brings out the shine. I find it lasts 2-3 weeks, but by then the car is ready for another wash so it then gets another coat of wax.

Aww my plans was to wash it then clay bar then polish with poorboy hole then aqua but looks like al need to wet it then aqua wax it

Is it ok to polish it then rinse it with water to apply the aqua wax or are they a better wax I can buy without needing to wet it

Aqua wax imo is not a good finishing wax. I have used it (in the past) as a every wash wax to keep the main wax topped up. It’s so quick and easy to use, if you already have it I would use it in this way!

As it’s winter time I would recommend a durable wax to protect the paint such as collinite or autoglym hd (available in Halfords and quite cheap).

I agree with S3_TDI. If you're going to all the trouble of clay barring and polishing, you need a decent wax to protect the finish you’ll have achieved. Aqua wax is just to top up the shine at each wash. I’m no expert on quality wax polishes I’m afraid and it’s all very subjective anyway. My only experience is with Madwax which is at the cheaper end of the price range but has given excellent results with regular application.

yah av done abit off research and seems auto hd and collnite are really good am going to give collnite ago as it says puts double coat see how that goes thanks again guys

Autoglym HD is £33 from Halfords but over winter I personally would go collinite 476 as I find it very durable and around £18 (it lasts forever lol).

You can then do the same wash procedure in the summer and use a nice “summer wax” that is less durable but more shine :)

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
al try the collnite and use the AG hd for the summer