Arch Rolling

AlexGSi2000

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just a quick question for those with coilovers - have you had your wheel arches rolled?

I have just purchased a set of Weitec coilovers - currently have a set of 8.5J 19" RS6 Replica wheels, I plan on setting the coilovers so just the tops of the tyres are tucked in the arches slightly.

Every car I have owned previous has had quite a lip on the arch, the lip on the A4 seems quite shallow.

If you are even near needing your arches rolled..... You have seriously ruined your car! Sorry mate but there's no need!

you should be ok with the 19's tucked
what offset are they

should be ok im just below top of tyre with 8 an half et45 and 10mm spacer
so really et35 no rubbing with 235 tyres on.
it did have 20mm and had some catching over bigish bumps.

should be ok im just below top of tyre with 8 an half et45 and 10mm spacer
so really et35 no rubbing with 235 tyres on.
it did have 20mm and had some catching over bigish bumps.

Great - thanks for the advice.

Ah, why would that be?
dont get me wrong, what you're going for will no doubt look good. But i see it as audi spent alot of £££ and research into making their cars handle and feel right. Squeezing a big wheel into a space that does'nt allow it can only be trouble! Anyhow... If you do it you best put pics up!

ive seen arches rolled with just a hair dryier and a base ball bat ...need very big balls to do it this way

No need to roll arches when running 8.5x19s, mines on coilovers with No rubbing,I have heard of owners removing the rear arch liners,but they were running air systems

I'm running AP Coilovers with 8.5"x19" fronts and 9.5"x19" rears (with 5mm spacers all round) and even fully loaded i don't get any rubbing.

dont get me wrong, what you're going for will no doubt look good. But i see it as audi spent alot of £££ and research into making their cars handle and feel right. Squeezing a big wheel into a space that does'nt allow it can only be trouble! Anyhow... If you do it you best put pics up!

I fully understand your point about R&D with Audi finding a balance of handling and comfort.
However my aim is to make the car handle a little better - im not bothered about comfort.
Its not as if I have purchased the cheapest coilovers available, I have purchased a decent kit made by KW to replace the already tired suspension (one leaky shock) along with purchasing a front arm kit (Meyle HD) to replace the worn front bushes.
Better looks are a by-product really, not wanting to go silly low - as I said my previous cars had massive arch lips and have scraped even after slight drops.

That said - KW have just increased thier prices, had an email earlier from the supplier demanding an extra £130! - massive.

Meyle arm kit seems a good idea, would love to do mine if i had the spare cash, want to replace mine before it fails! Do you know the drop your planning mate? My b5 was on bilstien b8's and h&r springs (-40mm) and was perfect for me. Only very occasionaly id find the odd ridiculous speed hump that would scrape, but you just crawl over them carefully! In all fairness these a4's do have lots of room for big wheels and lowering.
Sucks about the extra cash kw want!!