Are quattros really this much slower? CR170 feels slower than my CR140 fwd? Both mapped

OhSoFresh

Reaction score
So I sold my passat cc with a cr140 engine that was mapped to 170 and got a a3 quattro cr170 instead thinking it would be faster.
I understand 4wd makes it slower but wow this slow? I feel like a standard pd140 can over take me. My passat felt twice as fast and this cr170 should now be around 220

Both cars have been remapped by the same guy who has mapped all 5 of my tdi's and said there's no issue with the car.

Are quattros really this slow?

No Quattros are not that much slower, a little heavier in the back but not slower, especially when comparing 170 to 220 bhp.
Can you run a diagnostic check to see if there is any codes, this may also give a haldex error if it picks it up.

was it slow before the remap?

No Quattros are not that much slower, a little heavier in the back but not slower, especially when comparing 170 to 220 bhp.
Can you run a diagnostic check to see if there is any codes, this may also give a haldex error if it picks it up.

was it slow before the remap?
Wasn't that slow before map only a little faster now.

No codes no issues with haldex no boost leaks

Get it on the dyno to see what it's actually making? What's the mileage - you still got a dpf? Maybe this is partially blocked?

I know from personal experience that the CR engines don't seem as punch as the older PD engines, even though the power outputs are higher - some of it is due to the additional weight of the later cars.

Get it on the dyno to see what it's actually making? What's the mileage - you still got a dpf? Maybe this is partially blocked?

I know from personal experience that the CR engines don't seem as punch as the older PD engines, even though the power outputs are higher - some of it is due to the additional weight of the later cars.
i mean its not slow, just doesn't feel like there's a lot of boost there at all.

its had the DPF hollowed out and mapped out as well as the EGR before mapping

Turbo 2.75 bar including atmospheric pressure

Inj quantity 79mg

Torque request 460nm
Received 404050934671222

Received 941418899856191