Are the Audi logo puddle lights standard on S3?

Jason1987

Reaction score
As I’m trying to keep the cost of the s3 under £40k due to the tax and when I add the Audi logo puddle lights I’m at £40,016 lol. Does the car come with them standard anyway? Same for the extra led lights on dash etc?

As I’m trying to keep the cost of the s3 under £40k due to the tax and when I add the Audi logo puddle lights I’m at £40,016 lol. Does the car come with them standard anyway? Same for the extra led lights on dash etc?
You mean The so named Audi Beam puddle lights just delete them from your order ....and if they don't come as standard of which l think they do.....? if not? just buy them off ebay from a Audi dealer and l am afraid the interior light pack is a stand alone factory option....

Reactions: Sparks43
You mean The so named Audi Beam puddle lights just delete them from your order ....and if they dont come as standard of which l think they do.....? if not? just buy them off ebay from a Audi dealer
Yeah I’ve only just found out they are just a little part that takes 1 min to fit. I thought they had to be done at factory so that’s easy to fit after. I’m sure the s logo puddle has red colour on it ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Do they not do an “s3” logo? Only “s”? As I believe the rs3 has an “rs3” logo

RS3 only has RS on the puddle lights most effective looking Audi Beam is the 4 circle emblem one.....l have had Audi Sport/Vorsprung/S/ and the 4 circles of which looked the best....RED doesn't show up that great

RS3 only has RS on the puddle lights most effective looking Audi Beam is the 4 circle emblem one.....l have had Audi Sport/Vorsprung/S/ and the 4 circles of which looked the best....RED doesn't show up that great
Thanks. So I’ll most likely just get plain led puddle lights as standard and if I’m lucky I’ll get the Audi ring ones in the glovebox? It’s hard to know what you’ll get as standard as some of the options you get anyway

Thanks. So I’ll most likely just get plain led puddle lights as standard and if I’m lucky I’ll get the Audi ring ones in the glovebox? It’s hard to know what you’ll get as standard as some of the options you get anyway
The standard ones are rubbish and wouldn't light up a puddle if they tried

Like Jassy says you should get them standard - I did and I ordered the S ones as well and then swapped the 4 rings to the back doors and put the S at the front - On mine the red is very good in the dark

The standard ones are rubbish and wouldn't light up a puddle if they tried

Like Jassy says you should get them standard - I did and I ordered the S ones as well and then swapped the 4 rings to the back doors and put the S at the front - On mine the red is very good in the dark
Thanks. I heard that they come in the glovebox if your lucky and the dealership needs to fit them? As in they don’t come in the doors as standard? I’ll just leave the option off so I save on the tax and then just buy them from Audi separately if it doesn’t come with them. I also wanted red callipers but that takes me over £40k :( such a stupid idea to have this new luxury car tax

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thanks. I heard that they come in the glovebox if your lucky and the dealership needs to fit them? As in they don’t come in the doors as standard? I’ll just leave the option off so I save on the tax and then just buy them from Audi separately if it doesn’t come with them. I also wanted red callipers but that takes me over £40k :( such a stupid idea to have this new luxury car tax
The dealership fitted the Rings on the front and had to send me the S ones as they weren't there and I then swapped them out - They are easy to do although one of the tabs broke on the standard one (wasn't bothered about that) but it fell inside the door and dropped out of sight - Luckily my friend is a mastertech and helped me carefully take the door panel off to get the bit out - It was very rare but just take a little time to do it.

I did get the red callipers and at the time was ok, the thing that took me over was I wanted the Powered Tailgate(no longer an option ****** Audi) which was still ok at £325 but they insist on you having the advanced key at £425 and I went over but I didn't want to regret later on for the sake of an extra £310 a year - Totally agree though it's an unfair tax just because you can afford a nice car

The £40,016 is that the car price or On Road Price - You do have to pay for delivery which counts towards the £40K but not the Road Fund and Registration Fee at the time

The dealership fitted the Rings on the front and had to send me the S ones as they weren't there and I then swapped them out - They are easy to do although one of the tabs broke on the standard one (wasn't bothered about that) but it fell inside the door and dropped out of sight - Luckily my friend is a mastertech and helped me carefully take the door panel off to get the bit out - It was very rare but just take a little time to do it.

I did get the red callipers and at the time was ok, the thing that took me over was I wanted the Powered Tailgate(no longer an option ****** Audi) which was still ok at £325 but they insist on you having the advanced key at £425 and I went over but I didn't want to regret later on for the sake of an extra £310 a year - Totally agree though it's an unfair tax just because you can afford a nice car

The £40,016 is that the car price or On Road Price - You do have to pay for delivery which counts towards the £40K but not the Road Fund and Registration Fee at the time
The price was before the rotr, so I need to add delivery fee on top of the pre rotr price?

The price was before the rotr, so I need to add delivery fee on top of the pre rotr price?
Yes the ROTR includes all the delivery, Road Fund, Number plates and registration etc - This is from a configuration and select price details

1 Recommended On-The-Road (OTR) retail prices include: delivery charge, half a tank of fuel, number plates, first registration fee at £55.00 and Vehicle Excise Duty.

Recommended On-The-Road (OTR) retail prices shown are based on the current 2021/2022 VED rate.
As outlined in the Chancellor of the Exchequer’s 2015 budget, the way Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) is calculated will change from 1 April 2017 for the majority of vehicles. The first licence will continue to be calculated using the vehicle’s CO2 value, but subsequent licences will be based on a standard rate of £140. Vehicles with a list price exceeding £40,000 (including factory installed options, delivery charge, number plates and VAT) will pay an additional £310 plus the standard annual rate for a 5 year period. After the 5 year period only the standard rate will apply.

The delivery cost and numbers plates is about £600 + VAT so it sounds like you are going to go over anyway without the puddle lights and red callipers - You've either got to lose something else or go for it really - It's an extra £25 per month for the additional road fund and remember that doesn't start until 1 year from ownership as tax is included in the full ROTR for the first year - This is why I went for it in the end.

I think unless you go for a Standard S3 with a Metallic Paint only that's the only way you creep under these days isn't it

Comfort and Sound pack is a must really so that and a colour plus delivery and you're over anyway by the looks of the configurator

What spec have you gone for?

Just installed these

Attachments

• 20211224_191216.jpg
    20211224_191216.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 132
The standard ones are truly awful, even in pitch dark I can't see the lights on the floor... wtf is the point in them?

So a basic s3 comes with the Audi ring puddle light as standard? And will most likely just be jn the glovebox as the dealers don’t bother fitting it? I bet if it’s not in the glove box they’ll say it was an extra that is t standard lol and will make me buy one

So a basic s3 comes with the Audi ring puddle light as standard? And will most likely just be jn the glovebox as the dealers don’t bother fitting it? I bet if it’s not in the glove box they’ll say it was an extra that is t standard lol and will make me buy one
Apparently they are in the glovebox on the Edition 1 A3s and higher so you’d assume they would be on the S3.

My s3 came with led lighting on door cards with no special lighting ring or anything , just led light. And as someone sais .. can easily be mistaken as light from within the car when you open the door at night.

We get a lot of customers who ask us to retrofit puddle lights not realising that that are already fitted but never noticed as they are very dim.

There are 3 options:

1 - replace the led bulb panel in the housing for an aftermarket brighter led panel which makes a bit of difference.

2- swap to a previous design (8P) light housing with an LED bulb - which is much brighter but requires an adapter harness but is plug and play.

3 - upgrade to logo lights but stick to genuine OEM Audi ones as the aftermarket ones are very poor quality.

We also have a very popular plug and play kit to add the red warning light to the end of the door which was deleted as a part of cost saving by Audi.

I got around to fitting my Audi rings this evening. Well half of them… the fronts were a dream to fit.
But the rain started, the backs can wait for another day :hi:

29665D8E 5B1F 4665 8E90 49A8E75AE8A1

Reactions: Ludus
I picked up my Audi S3 Sportsback today 31/10/22. I paid £40,894 for mine. I ordered the car 15months ago. The sound and comfort pack was standard then as was the parking assist and parking system plus. I chose a metallic colour, black calipers and the 19" alloys. The one thing I definitely wanted was the ambient lighting inside.

To my disappointment due to chip shortage worldwide, there was no ambient lighting installed and the matrix headlights are not there either just the led. I was refunded today for that. Neither are an option anymore if you buy a new Audi today.

However in the glove box there were the Audi rings puddle lights. But when I checked under the front doors, no lights were installed for me to change over :-(

And yes, you will be ripped with the £945 duty tax as its over £40k for the next 5 years!

Last edited:
I picked up my Audi S3 Sportsback today 31/10/22. I paid £40,894 for mine. I ordered the car 15months ago. The sound and comfort pack was standard then as was the parking assist and parking system plus. I chose a metallic colour, black calipers and the 19" alloys. The one thing I definitely wanted was the ambient lighting inside.

To my disappointment due to chip shortage worldwide, there was no ambient lighting installed and the matrix headlights are not there either just the led. I was refunded today for that. Neither are an option anymore if you buy a new Audi today.

However in the glove box there were the Audi rings puddle lights. But when I checked under the front doors, no lights were installed for me to change over :-(

And yes, you will be ripped with the £945 duty tax as its over £40k for the next 5 years!
Firstly the £945 is for the first year only as it has the showroom tax etc - After that it will be £520 (with obvious government increases) still a rip off though especially as electric cars don't get charged the £40K (£320) value tax - I get that they have no road tax for being electric but why not the additional for going over £40k as that's not emissions related purely value

The sound and comfort pack was standard then as was the parking assist and parking system plus - They weren't ever standard other than on a Vorsprung as far as I knew - I had to add the C&S pack which includes the Parking Plus to my S3

With regards to the Audi rings puddle lights, they used to be standard but I'm not sure these days although if you download your spec it does say Audi Beam also I'm fairly sure that as they are accessories if you order them then they don't count towards the £40k and they can be invoiced separately - They weren't dependent on the Ambient Lighting Pack either as far as I understood it but once again it appears that as that's not fitted you get no puddle lights another poor show from Audi really - The standard puddle lights wouldn't light up a puddle if they tried as well

Firstly the £945 is for the first year only as it has the showroom tax etc - After that it will be £520 (with obvious government increases) still a rip off though especially as electric cars don't get charged the £40K (£320) value tax - I get that they have no road tax for being electric but why not the additional for going over £40k as that's not emissions related purely value

The sound and comfort pack was standard then as was the parking assist and parking system plus - They weren't ever standard other than on a Vorsprung as far as I knew - I had to add the C&S pack which includes the Parking Plus to my S3

With regards to the Audi rings puddle lights, they used to be standard but I'm not sure these days although if you download your spec it does say Audi Beam also I'm fairly sure that as they are accessories if you order them then they don't count towards the £40k and they can be invoiced separately - They weren't dependent on the Ambient Lighting Pack either as far as I understood it but once again it appears that as that's not fitted you get no puddle lights another poor show from Audi really - The standard puddle lights wouldn't light up a puddle if they tried as well
So is worst case scenario you just but the puddle lights separately? I’m sure I read on here that someone’s car didn’t even have the hole to fit the lights? That can’t be right surely? Don’t they just plug in to the gap in door?

So is worst case scenario you just but the puddle lights separately? I’m sure I read on here that someone’s car didn’t even have the hole to fit the lights? That can’t be right surely? Don’t they just plug in to the gap in door?
Well, that would be the ideal scenario that you purchase them and then put them in, but someone did say they didn't get any puddle lights as they are now part of the ambient lighting pack which isn't being fitted at present - My 2020 S3 did get the ambient pack and I also got the rings and purchased the S puddle lights in addition and swapped the rings to the back doors and the S's to the front

I can't believe that the S3 (well any A3 to be honest) isn't coming with standard puddle lights though - I think there's a company on here that offer wiring harnesses, but you'd have to cut a hole in the bottom of the door card and that's assuming the harness has somewhere to connect to obviously

Well, that would be the ideal scenario that you purchase them and then put them in, but someone did say they didn't get any puddle lights as they are now part of the ambient lighting pack which isn't being fitted at present - My 2020 S3 did get the ambient pack and I also got the rings and purchased the S puddle lights in addition and swapped the rings to the back doors and the S's to the front

I can't believe that the S3 (well any A3 to be honest) isn't coming with standard puddle lights though - I think there's a company on here that offer wiring harnesses, but you'd have to cut a hole in the bottom of the door card and that's assuming the harness has somewhere to connect to obviously
That’s mad, what are Audi doing lol

That’s mad, what are Audi doing lol
I've lost complete faith in them to be honest - You can't get half the options you want as they've either been removed due to low take up or cost cutting to push you into a vorsprung and seem to have no idea with delivery dates etc - There was an article on here about the RS3 no longer available to order due to it being so popular and that vehicles in the system will be rescheduled and no dealer showroom or stock will be built - The rescheduling dates won't be available until the end of 2nd quarter 2023 - So you might not know if you're even going to get it until the end of June next year having paid a hefty deposit I would imagine

Do you think that's all S3s? I ordered a Vorsprung and as far as I can tell, everything should be as ordered.

Wife picked up a new S3 Vorsprung in July and it’s got puddle lights in all the doors

Do you think that's all S3s? I ordered a Vorsprung and as far as I can tell, everything should be as ordered.
Well, you'd like to think that the Vorsprung has them as that's the whole point of that model that it pretty much has everything you can spec, but who knows with Audi these days

Well, you'd like to think that the Vorsprung has them as that's the whole point of that model that it pretty much has everything you can spec, but who knows with Audi these days
Yeah, but I’m sure there are lots of people who have paid for options who’d like to think they’d receive them too, but they don’t seem to! Do you think “I should have it included on the top spec” trumps “I paid for an option on a lower spec”? Who knows with Audi. I’d like to think we’d all get what we paid for - whether it was included in the price or a paid extra. But apparently late-stage capitalism doesn’t work like that.