Are the side windows the same on B6 & B7?

Reaction score
So I wanna get my windows tinted in the near future, but unfortunately I have an OCD ad the passenger side windows have some scratches on them which I know will show up like a sore thumb once the film is applied. Also the front driver side has been replaced before and no longer has the Audi logo, sekurit, saint-gobain etc. markings on it so I'd like to replace that too so it is all matching (I know how sad right?). :ermm:

I'm currently in the process of getting my windscreen replaced through my insurance (Admiral) and thought I might try get all my side windows replaced at the same time. So I rang the glass claims lines earlier and was put through to National Windscreens, who then had me confirm whether the side windows were smashed or not. I then pursued and said I noticed scratches on them and would like them replaced. They then advised me they would need to speak to Admiral to see if they would cover it and will get back to me later this afternoon.

So back to my initial question, if it all goes bottoms up I'll just get them to replace my front windscreen for my excess of £75 and I'll then try and source four matching side windows (in good condition and with the Audi logos) myself and replace them all myself. So would the windows from a B6 model fit a B7 and would they have the same OEM tint that my current windows have (assuming they are blatantly tinted that is)?

Thanks in advance, Azeem.

I'm 99% sure they are the same fit. Whether they have the same tint, I can't say for sure.

I know what you mean by scratches. My side ones are the same sadly. Keep us updated if you have any luck as I'm with admiral as well. I always assumed they have to be broken or cracked. But you never know.

I know what you mean by scratches. My side ones are the same sadly. Keep us updated if you have any luck as I'm with admiral as well. I always assumed they have to be broken or cracked. But you never know.

So Admiral got back to me and unfortunately each window will be classed as a separate glass claim regardless of whether it is scratched/smashed. Therefore I would have to pay £75 for each one which works out at £450 including my windscreen. So I'm just going to do the windscreen through the insurance with National Windscreens this Saturday morning. I asked National Windscreens whether they could provide me with an OEM glass (with the Audi logo) and they said I would have to pay the difference. Not sure what the difference would be but gave it a pass anyway as I don't believe there to be any quality differences. I may call up tomorrow and enquire on the price difference.

Azeem

yes and yes
pita to fit tho