Are these drivetec brakes any good they seem cheap

Audicfc

Reaction score
Just got my car back and it has been fitted with drivetec brake pads and possibly drivetec disks, i have never heard of this brand before are they any good ? The rear disks look a bit cheap looking.

The mechanic also said one of the rear calipers was stuck and that he has fixed it instead of buying a new caliper, is it ok to do that instead of replace the caliper and how long will the old fixed up caliper last before it starts sticking again ?

And are these drivetec pads just cheap stuff like eicher from euro car parts ?

Attachments

• 027AE685-6641-4AAF-B116-7C4B42798ECA.jpeg
    027AE685-6641-4AAF-B116-7C4B42798ECA.jpeg
    981.2 KB · Views: 909
  • 95B2AACC-8E64-4518-9D8E-9DE15A1F5352.jpeg
    95B2AACC-8E64-4518-9D8E-9DE15A1F5352.jpeg
    955.6 KB · Views: 1,127
  • 7F97B5ED-1D6C-499E-8C9A-D64B20389335.jpeg
    7F97B5ED-1D6C-499E-8C9A-D64B20389335.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,104
Drivetex is a cheap brand from gsf. Could have fitted brembo it all boils down to how much you wa not to pay. Was you given the option of different discs and pads prices

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audicfc
Drivetex is a cheap brand from gsf. Could have fitted brembo it all boils down to how much you wa not to pay. Was you given the option of different discs and pads prices

No i wasnt giving an option i just said i dont want any cheap rubbish put on i’d prefer something like the originals on the car or even pagid, these look quite cheap looking i think, they do feel fine when driving but its no exactly harsh conditions with the good weather the now

I bought my car nearly 4 years ago it had all new discs and pads all round. Had to anchor on in fast lane when some idiot pulled out in front of me. Now have a slight wobble on front brakes can get brembo all round about £150 maybe bit less car has padgid pads. You get what you pay for

No i wasnt giving an option i just said i dont want any cheap rubbish put on i’d prefer something like the originals on the car or even pagid, these look quite cheap looking i think, they do feel fine when driving but its no exactly harsh conditions with the good weather the now
If you go on gsf website there about £14 upwards mate

If you go on gsf website there about £14 upwards mate

I will have a look cheers, so do you think these are on same budget level as eicher brake pads and discs ?

I will have a look cheers, so do you think these are on same budget level as eicher brake pads and discs ?
Euro use eicher as there budget discs and pads. All depends what you paid him .if you have some mechanical skills could have done it yourself I'll be doi g mines

Re the calliper they generally slide on a pin to equalise pressure on the pads either side. Sometimes those pins get cruddy or corroded. Perfectly ok to refurb.

Reactions: Audicfc