Ariel/Antenna Adapter HELP REQUIRED URGENT

spliffey

Reaction score
Hi there i have recently changed the antenna to my audi a3, but i am needing an adapter, does any one know which adapter i need, and also could this be the reason to why my rear speakers and subwoofer have now stopped working?? there is a picture attached of the connenction but which adapter would i need. Many thanks in advance

15hy8tx.jpg

The cable in the headlining is purely an extension cable, just ignore it. The new aerial cable should run all the way to the HU. You will still need an adapter as Audi don't use the banana plug type connections, they use ISO or Fakra (depending on year of A3). You will also need to connect the red wire to a switched live (power antenna or remote on) on the HU so it provides power to the new aerials internal amp when the HU is turned on. Presumably because your rear speakers no longer work you have swapped the HU to an aftermarket one?
Again depends on year of A3 as to which adapter you need to link the HU to the rear amp. If it's a pre 2004-5 then you'll need PC9-404, if it's newer than that then you'll need PC2-75-4. If it's a 2004 or 2005 then you'll need to look at the wiring as they was a crossover between the 2.

Hi there, its a 1999 audi a3. so do i only need a PC9-404 adapter. and how will i need to link this? do i just need to connect the ariel wire to the headunit? and how would i do this? thanks

Model might help?
Some Blaupunkts already use the same connectors as Audi, so you might not need any adapters. If you do need an adapter then depends on models features as to which one you can use.
With the aerial you just need a banana (DIN) to ISO adapter like this, as most HU's are ISO these days, although some come with an adapter in the box:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_226100_langId_-1_categoryId_165626

Then connect the red wire to the power antenna feed on the Blaupunkt.

Yehh mate it is a blaupunkt santa cruz mp36!!!! I have taken a picture of the back and will add asap! But how would I get the ariel wire to the hu? I do not understand this

Looks like you bought the wrong aerial TBH. Even if you can find an adapter to plug the DIN banana plug into the existing Audi aerial cable you will have to feed the 12v supply to the HU somehow. The correct aerial for your car does not have a seperate 12v feed, it uses the the coax for power as well as for the signal.

Hello. I have the same exact problem as OP. What was the conclusion to this?

I'm feeding 12v to the cable with an adapter that fits to the back of the HU. Do you think that this way the aerial amp will work without connecting the red wire, given that I managed to find the right adapter?

Give it a go and see, without posting the adapter you are talking about its a bit tricky to say. Why not just connect the red wire to a remote cable?