Aright guys need a bit help

A4 geordie

Reaction score
I have a 2013 audi a4 b8.5 (face-lift) I took it out for a drive and when I have returned home and started manoeuvring on to the driveway the fog light warning lights came on both front the codes that came up were 01500 and 01496 when I turn either way they don't come on, when I press the fog light buttons for front or rear it immediately turns the illuminations off on the buttons I don't know what to check the bulbs look fine please help guys

Hi mate,

Just to be clear are both of the front fog lights working?

Your 01496 fault code indicates that the fog light bulb needs replacing...it could be that the bulbs in there are LED ones and they are throwing up a fault code, if they are both working.

The 01500 looks like it could be bulb related too, first thing I would check is that all your bulbs are working correctly, if they are then check the type of bulb, then report back.

Thanks for the reply nilz,

Both front are not work no and when I press the button in the car to turn them on it the car itself turns the button illumination off on the car and and the same with the rear fog light switch, they aren't led just standard bulbs thanks

OK mate then in that case, first thing I would do is replace the bulbs, I know you said the lights look ok but it all points to the bulbs, for the sake of a few pounds it's worth checking.

Just went to check my bulbs there buddy and just remembered I had the front end of the car to change the grill to a rs style and I forgot to connect the fog lights back up it's just strange how I drove around then after about 20-30 the lights on the dash came on, is there any bulbs you would recommend as a upgrade to the standard crappy ones

Mystery solved!!! I haven't changed mine yet,but if I was to, I would probably go ice white to match the xenons. If you speak to @t8ups he is a site sponsor and he will be able to sort you out with all the lights you need.

Reactions: johnny a4 and t8ups