armrest inner tray

joe_echo

Reaction score
The previous owner of my car managed to spill some brown sticky substance in the armrest (don't really wanna know what it is). I'm now looking to get it cleaned out and was wondering if there is a way to remove the inner tray so I can give it a good soaking?

Armrest? I thought it was a portable toilet.... ???

Reactions: joe_echo
I have no idea how to remove it, if you get no joy on that front it may be worth looking at cleaning with WD40. I believe it won't stain and is really good at cleaning 'sticky residue'.

I could do with knowing too though, as the clip is broken on my lid so would be nice to know I can sort it without too much expense.

IIRC you can take it out, there are tiny hidden screws in that felt type material. i failed to find them in my first one till it was too late though!!

I could do with knowing too though, as the clip is broken on my lid so would be nice to know I can sort it without too much expense.

Sorry to break op's thread, as far as I know the lid houses the entire mechanism (I have the same problem, currently stuck together with some Velcro!)