Armrest Retrim - How easy

gdbarratt

A3 Sportback 2.0 T FSi
Reaction score
I have upgraded my Sport interior to a half leather S-Line but it did not include an armrest so I still have my original cloth one in place. To be honest it sticks out a bit when put next to the new interior. I was wondering how easy it is to re-trim? I have found this on eBay (eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace) and they have told me to just remove the cloth and then stick it on!?! In theory it sounds easy enough but in practice I doubt it!

Anybody done anything like this?
How easy was it and did it come out looking OEM?

Thanks, any feedback apreciated.

I've got an arm rest in leather from my s line interior, the clip is nackered though, one of the lugs has snapped other one is intact.

I have a fully working cloth lid you guys could buy off me and butcher as a test!

ok guys, so i got the cloth armrest from Farhan and tried to do the armrest myself, so i split the lid from the plastic which was very scary but this is what i ended up with:

6f61b96e.jpg

cbdafc5d.jpg

f68d4227.jpg

As you can see the leather cover i have looks a little big for the lid so after some debating i emailed the seller to ask if he had sent me the right size lid cover.

So after another few emails the seller had agreed that i can send the armrest lid with the plastic bottom part to him along with the leather cover and he would fit and send it back to me.
a week later i received the completed lid in the same box i sent it in and i have to say i am impressed!
is really starting to look the part now in the car.

03525a39.jpg

f6f635b2.jpg

Reactions: ~RS~