Armrest stuck in raised position

BeagleKCH

Reaction score
Anyone had this happen? Any bright ideas? My armrest works perfectly fine (in case the topic title is confusing). It goes up and down and in and out quite normally. However today, for the first time in over 2 years, I cannot get it down to the low position. It doesn’t sound as if anything is wrong, or jammed or caught. It feels perfectly normal but try as I might I can’t get it flat with the tray level. Any help gratefully received.

Attachments

• 4CEAD1E1-B8C8-4FC4-AD5B-6FEBFA185B5D.jpeg
    4CEAD1E1-B8C8-4FC4-AD5B-6FEBFA185B5D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,302
Please don't buy A6 c8 at the moment.my experience show lot of bugs.dont touch one yet may be after a year .stealer ship have no clue.i wish I kept 5 series.far better.dont be fooled by touch screen.rubish.........

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

You have posted up a couple possible 'issues' in the A6 forum. With respect I suggest you keep to that thread. The A6 is a brand new model so I would expect some minor teething problems, if indeed your issues are actually problems. I expect the series 5, when first introduced, had just as many...

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and DaveW
You r right.hope you r right.but I am only express my experience.i am on loan car same model .this morning when I started this also trembling like my car.so second car?.I must be unlucky or there is some problems

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

My Armrest query is in relation to my 66 plate A4 B9 just to be clear.

Reactions: cuke2u
My Armrest query is in relation to my 66 plate A4 B9 just to be clear.

What actually happens when you lift it to then put it down again? Does it still lift all the way open to the vertical position?

Yes it otherwise moves perfectly. Since posting my original query and having looked on YouTube, there is obviously a ratchet mechanism involved in lowering the armrest to the flat position. On the basis that the ratchet is broken, that begs the question as to how I can remove the armrest to fix it. It is clearly a more solidly built armrest construction than in previous A4s, but i'm struggling to see how on earth you get into it to have a proper look.

This will sound like a silly question, but have you tried lifting it up and down numerous times?

Both the Audi armrest and the one in my old VW used to get stuck in halfway position routinely, trying to lift it up/down twenty times usually meant that one occasion it would then go down and stay down.

Truly terrible design

Do you have a B8 or B9? From memory you need to distantly the centre console to remove it on the B8 but it was a long time ago.

You can go to ERWIN and get access to the workshop manuals for about a fiver and you can download PDFs showing you how to do it.

From the A5 manuals but might help??

Armrest1 Armrest2 Armrest3 Armrest4

Thank you very much. There’s more to it than I thought.