ARP chip question

bigshout

Reaction score
Does APR offer a chip upgrade with switchable performance programmes. If so what is the common setup and how would you change between them.

1, Yes
2, As many Progs as you can afford!

I have four programs 1, 210 Stock 2, 254bhp 3, Optimax mode 264bhp and 4, Valet mode (told about 50hp) which is really funny

You can go for throttle adaptation and security (lock down mode).

You can change these on the fly by using the cruise control (not a good idea whilst driving as you need to look at the console!) its easy as keeping your finger on a button! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Tiro, how much did it cost you to have this done. This sounds just what I'm looking for.

No probs

Heres the latest prices from
Awesome GTi

S3 210->262 BHP (270 ftlb Torque) Upgrade £499
One Additional Program £99
Two Additional Programs £149
Three Additional Programs £199
Fault Code Erase/Throttle Body Alignment Option £39
Lockout Option £39
Anti-Theft Option £195
Fully Installed Cruise Control (When Fitted with EMCS) £175

Costs a bit but worth the stretch. I am saving for more enhancements (so to speak)

Good luck

I have the APR chip, and have recently found out some bad news about them.

Apparently they buy the programming from a source in Germany that has a far from good reputation.

Starperformance that I bought it from said that they have taken many APR programs back out of VAG cars in favour of proper custom maps, not this off the shelf programing that claims its customised to 'your' car. Alot of marketing garbage.

Beware matey. I wouldn't. There aint smoke without fire!

Tiro,

my chip too has, imo, performed. But how well it has performed I will not know as have nothing to compare in with.

This, I would say would be the position of most people who have a chipped car.

Compared to a std car, any car with a chip giving an extra 40/50 bhp is obviously going to feel 'Great' but how great is it realy?

Without a head to head comparision, most of us will never know.

All I know is that a well respected VAG tuner has taken several APR maps out of VAG cars. Now, that must raise some questions in my book.