Arp studs for 06a

Djordje1

Reaction score
Hey everyone,just wanted to check about the studs for 1.8t 06a engine block.

I want to buys main studs and head studs.
They are M10 for 06a and M11 for 058?

Thank you so much,
Djordje

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

From the FAQ's

06a ARP head studs

06a ARP mains studs

<tuffty/>

Oh this is great post.Thank you so much @

What do you think? Because I'm changing camshaft do I need arp bolts for the bearing caps?
Or I can use old one or to buy OEM one?

Also do I need to change arp bolts on the rods after some time od run?

Thank you once again,
Djordje

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Use std OE bolts for the cam caps... they are only torqued to 10nm

Only time its worth considering changing the ARP rod bolts is if you have had to remove the caps for any reason during the life time the rods have been fitted... ideally you would use a stretch gauge to torque ARP's that way you can measure torques and stretch over time...

Have seen a rod bolt failure before but it was undeterminable as to the reason... the suspicion was that the bolt was reused a few times (second hand rods) and over torqued so had stretched the bolt too far...

Ultimately there is no reason to life the bolt if you don't touch it... but consider the option if you have to strip the engine...

Note that head studs and mains studs don't see the same stresses but again if you have to strip the engine then just make a judgement call

<tuffty/>

Use std OE bolts for the cam caps... they are only torqued to 10nm

Only time its worth considering changing the ARP rod bolts is if you have had to remove the caps for any reason during the life time the rods have been fitted... ideally you would use a stretch gauge to torque ARP's that way you can measure torques and stretch over time...

Have seen a rod bolt failure before but it was undeterminable as to the reason... the suspicion was that the bolt was reused a few times (second hand rods) and over torqued so had stretched the bolt too far...

Ultimately there is no reason to life the bolt if you don't touch it... but consider the option if you have to strip the engine...

Note that head studs and mains studs don't see the same stresses but again if you have to strip the engine then just make a judgement call

<tuffty/>
@<tuffty/> I get your point, I'll definitely stay on the OE bolts for the cam. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you once again :)