Asda Screenwash

Just a note on cheap screenwash:
Over time it blocks the pump gauze, overworking the pump and causing issues that require a strip down to the tank to rectify. It also damages the system rubbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Recommend any brand of screenwash? Must admit i've always used supermarket wash myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recommend any brand of screenwash? Must admit i've always used supermarket wash myself

Having dealt with the many issues caused by aftermarket products, we only install VAG concentrate. You'll get 4 or 5 tanks from a 1litre bottle, working out at ~£1/tank.

Reactions: Sandra and Weeb
Same here. Used cheap screen wash for 21 yrs. 6 yrs in a new Ibiza cupra and never had a problem and I did 106k in that so went through a lot of it. Never caused any issues in my Audi either.

Reactions: MarkWizard and niedzial1983
I only ever use the cheap Tesco style stuff. They all contain methanol and the posh ones tend to state that they contain around 5% "perfume". However, there is a difference in the level of temperature protection. The cheaper blue Tesco, Holts & Asda etc normally only provide max protection down to -10C (when undiluted) whereas the posh ones can be -15C to -20C. As MJB above is based in Scotland I suspect he is talking in the context of the lower temperatures they get in Scotland. :cold: I live in SW England where palm trees grow in places like Torquay :cool new::highly amused: