ASN members only track session @ADI 2014(limited spaces)

Got it thanks Jase.
The looks on the faces of the track marshals when I tell them this is as ASN track session, and a VW lines up! :D
Your face when I overtake you :lmfao:

:racer:Got new disks and pads all round to go on.... debating whether to fit them all before or after the ADI track fun

Reactions: jojo
I really thought more people would be up for this!

I'd be interested to hear why people arn't going for it like they have done in previous years?

In the past, we've had 2x 12 car sessions full, with waiting lists for more wanting to get on.

Jojo does a lot of work behind the scenes arranging these sessions and getting the bookings sorted with Castle Combe.

it'd be a real shame if that didn't continue due to a general lack of interest :(

Reactions: Sandra
:racer:Got new disks and pads all round to go on.... debating whether to fit them all before or after the ADI track fun

Two ways to look at this. Get some last use out of your current setup, at least you don't have to worry about warping them, or fit the new stuff on and use the track session as bedding in the new stuff! :D

Reactions: Av4nt and Sandra
I really thought more people would be up for this!

I'd be interested to hear why people arn't going for it like they have done in previous years?

In the past, we've had 2x 12 car sessions full, with waiting lists for more wanting to get on.

Jojo does a lot of work behind the scenes arranging these sessions and getting the bookings sorted with Castle Combe.

it'd be a real shame if that didn't continue due to a general lack of interest :(

I agree with you Nick. Joe puts a lot of effort and his limited personal time into organising the track days, so c'mon guys, nows your chance to have some fun in your cars and meet others and get to see some of the regulars (jojo, voorhees and nick in action) :) x

Reactions: Prawn
Can I ask about insurance? I presume your own won't be valid on a track, and if you have a whoopsie, its at your own cost?

Can I ask about insurance? I presume your own won't be valid on a track, and if you have a whoopsie, its at your own cost?

Pretty much. For 15 mins, I dont think its worth even telling them! Just be careful lol

I think it's fair to say you won't be covered, but it's upto you if you want to purchase additional cover. After attending this event for the last 7/8 years, I don;t recall another Audi taking out a fellow car, only a couple of offs where the driver had exceeded his limits or the cars limits... ran out of talent basically!

Bear in mind it's just a bit of fun, no need to test your car on the limit, I recommend you do the first few laps at a steady pace just to get to know the place! And just let the quicker guys past.

Is there room for two more vag drivers to go on track

Right guys, rejigging the list for one session only, here's what I get. And I'm aiming for an 11am session.

One Session at 11am

1. JoJo - 8L S3(Rhubarb - Chris as passenger)
2. Prawn - 8L A3 - PAID
3. Bill Dee - 8L S3
4. Carl-1968 - C5 RS6 Avant
5. Voorhees - Mk5 VW Golf 1.6 FSi
6. Av4nt - B7 A4 Saloon 2.0TFSI
7. The Doctor - 8L S3
8. adam_may - 8P S3
9. Aarkon - C5 A6 Allroad Tank
10. Untamed
11. Kev

Payment to jojo by 29th sept. he will email you details

Reactions: Untamed
Been contemplating this all morning. Going to see if I am making it to ADI. If so I will jot my name down for a session...

Reactions: Sandra
2. Prawn - 8L A3 - PAID
3. Bill Dee - 8L S3
7. The Doctor - 8L S3
8. adam_may - 8P S3
10. Untamed
11. Kev
12. Jay A3 - 8L A3

Reactions: jojo and Sandra
2. Prawn - 8L A3 - PAID
3. Bill Dee - 8L S3
7. The Doctor - 8L S3
8. adam_may - 8P S3
10. Untamed
11. Kev
12. Jay A3 - 8L A3

Right, so we have 12 guys for one full session! There are still places available, we only need three more people, and the second session will take place, as myself and prawn will be doing both sessions! I can jiggle the list around! :D

Keep spreading the word guys! :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jay A3
Can the second session not run as 9 cars from ASN anyway?

they will fill up the other 3 track spaces on the day easily enough, and with people wanting to go out twice it makes sense to try and run it regardless of numbers surely?

I'll be lapping all day long hopefully, so will just make sure I join the que with you guys at your session times :)

I agree with prawn. I would probably run again if I ain't broke it in session #1

Can the second session not run as 9 cars from ASN anyway?

they will fill up the other 3 track spaces on the day easily enough, and with people wanting to go out twice it makes sense to try and run it regardless of numbers surely?

I'll be lapping all day long hopefully, so will just make sure I join the que with you guys at your session times :)

I need 3 more cars to make session2 into a 9 car grid, and that's on the basis that Carl and voorhee's buys a second session, they have only paid for one atm.

I agree with prawn. I would probably run again if I ain't broke it in session #1

Jay, you will need to pay me for 2 sessions now, if you go for a second one on the day, it's more expensive!

I am interested in both sessions, PM has ben sent.

Reactions: jojo and Jay A3
Looking forward to this very much :) I enjoy Combe, and the ASN sessions are always a good laugh :)

Fingers crossed for a dry day this year!

Forget fingers crossed. I'm praying to all gods it's a dry day!

Paid, PM sent. Looking forward to some track fun :)

Iv'e just got home from the top gear track driving an R8 all day... buzzing my t**s of right now what a MACHINE!! And just to add to the fun of it all, my instructor was PC Tim Scothern from Traffic Cops lol. Top bloke!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra and jojo
I'm only quick through the twisty bits, unfortunately, my car is NOT that quick in a straight line! lol
This circuit is good but unforgiving so I will be not hitting the loud pedal as much as say Bedford Joe

This circuit is good but unforgiving so I will be not hitting the loud pedal as much as say Bedford Joe
There's only one part of the circuit you need to worry about at the Combe man, and that's the dip on the track at the end of the Folly straight in the braking zone! Car goes light mid braking, so brake earlier for that point, everywhere else is relatively safe for the speed our cars are going at! In my opinion. :racer:

Yeah well, it's carrying you too remember.

:flush:

That'd be Avon rise on the approach to Quarry corner,the one which the safety talk beforehand say accounts for 30% of motorsport accidents in the uk

If theres a space or 2 left on the day is it possible to pay then and jump on with you guys in the afternoon?