ASN's Pub

Ooo look at all the tvs, I sence some tv envy on the go. I also have a 37inch samsung for the bedroom, a 26 inch for the babys bedroom. My 40ich is also the toshiba smart tv, wafer thin and light as ****, and the 50inch is an lg which is again rather thin and light comapered to the 50inch of old.

And dont talk about walls and floor joists, my house has hay walls and wopping rsj's every 600, cant get a ****** fixing into anything, patresses everywhere and guess where the next noggin will be, my lights are all held in by cavity fixings.

Hyper-V fun for me today, currently creating a virtual router for some migration testing.

Do have a nice new Dell R720 virtual host to play with.

Hyper-V fun for me today, currently creating a virtual router for some migration testing.

Do have a nice new Dell R720 virtual host to play with.

Nice.

I've been playing about with VM boxes in work.

Most of our servers have have all gone virtual.
SInce I'm not allowed to play with them, I made my own.
Got windows 8, Android and Ubuntu running in VMs on my PC. lol

Did build a Windows domain with a Ubuntu VM authenticated to the domain.
That was an interesting build.
Had to redo it a couple of times to make it easier for the others to get it working.

Reactions: Gti Jazz Blue
i wont change my mind on tv's. im right, the picture quality gets worse as you go bigger.

on another note, merseyside police are the boys!!!
remember i said the guy left blood on the dash when he broke into the car??
well they had the guys DNA on record and theyre making the arrest :angrymod:!

Reactions: crazy88, Gti Jazz Blue and CHEZ
i wont change my mind on tv's. im right, the picture quality gets worse as you go bigger.

on another note, merseyside police are the boys!!!
remember i said the guy left blood on the dash when he broke into the car??
well they had the guys DNA on record and theyre making the arrest :angrymod:!

What bout the new generation of TVs going up and over 2k I think?

That's cracking. Well Done to the boys in blue!!

nice one karl!
but you do realise the thieving scum will cost the tax payer lots of money just to be sent out picking up litter or something as punishment and not get the real punishment the low life deserves!
boils my pi55 it does!
and the sat nav will probably never be recovered either!

nice one karl!
but you do realise the thieving scum will cost the tax payer lots of money just to be sent out picking up litter or something as punishment and not get the real punishment the low life deserves!
boils my pi55 it does!
and the sat nav will probably never be recovered either!
well depends on his priors, the fact they have his DNA on record says a lot. its one thing having a guys finger print, but to actually have his DNA tells me hes a right cnut and hopefully with this offence and being caught, his punishment will be well deserved whatever that may be.
Officer is coming to see me tomoro to get a clear statement.

great innit.

Work bought me a chunk new memory bout 16gb for my PC.
I'm currently running windows 7 and loads of VM with in that.

Can get 32gb laptop ram for £100 now, it's so cheap. I remember paying £100 for 4gb a few years ago!

You tried windows 8 yet? I'm even eyeing up a Nokia Lumia 920 windows phone. Think I've been brainwashed whilst I've been at Microsoft lol

I got windows 8 on my laptop and running it on my works PC in a VM.

Its great for touch screen but I think its poo for mouse based hardware.

Reactions: Gti Jazz Blue
I got windows 8 on my laptop and running it on my works PC in a VM.

Its great for touch screen but I think its poo for mouse based hardware.

With you on that one bud - usual MS state of play recently every alternative OS is a good un.

Windows XP - good - Vista - crap - 7 - good - 8 - crap.

Reactions: ScottD3
8 is ok if you use it like 7 and ditch the tile bit. Need to keep current that's the only issue.

You don't have any choice really.
A lot of the main windows 8 apps use the tile/slate section but I think it works well.
Type in what you want it finds it.
The tiles are the start menu of windows 8.

Well I'm progressing well, have an internal virtual network configured, a VM running vyatta router as a route between my Migration Test Internal Virtual network and my live Network and have a basic Server 2012 image running, next create the domain, dhcp exchange and sharepoint server. Once that is done I will need to build a Server 2012 TS for our internal logging system. Not forgetting SQL 2012 to host the database.

Downside having to use the new Server 2012 interface - yuk.

Well I now have 50" in dining room
50" 3D smart tv in living room
32" 3D In my bedroom.
32" in boys room
32" in girls room
22" in babies room.

37" for sale as spares or repair.

Think I have too many TV's?