ASN's Pub

I wired up some door poppers to custom MK4 and got the MK6 head lights working.

Then just sat and played on the 360 all day sunday.
It was most enjoyable.

Anyone else has the torrential rain and thunder storms?
Sat in the porch yesterday watching the lighting go off over plymouth, it was nice.

Had my ears syringed this morning. That was a odd experience but worthwhile. I can now hear!!
The chunks of wax that came out was shocking. I never knew the ear could hold so much.
I wish I took pics now.

Hey everyone!!

Lets give the pics of wax a miss hey, we will just take your word for it :)

We havent had bad weather yet, although a weather warning has been issued this morning for the West Mids, for heavy rain and thunder tomorrow night.

Lets see how that goes.

Reactions: CHEZ
I enjoy a good storm.

You know its bad when you open the door, the dogs run just to grass on the garden, turns round and runs back to the house with their eyes closed and soaking wet.

Anyone else finding this week dragging?

I think all weeks are going to start dragging for me.

Well its boiling outside at the mo over here and its been like that since the morning :)

My week is nearly over now....tomorrow is teacher training day so off with the little man - working from home and Friday is my Bday, so an extra long weekend for me, a short week this week and next week too - WIN WIN!!!

Scott, its still dragging though, LOL!!

Well thats one day closer to the weekend. Woohoo.
Got some good news at work last night(for a change). I'm getting a suprize pay raise.
Been *****in about it for ages, just didn't think anyone was paying attention.
Might be able to get that new car after all and its Friday tomorrow. Win,Win.

Hope alls well in publand, how long till the wedding now Scott??? Nervous??

Reactions: Nilz
Nice one UV.
I don't think I've ever had a payrise in this job and I've been here for 5 years.
I did get a badge stating my years service.

Friday tomorrow and it means its POETS day. Bring it!!

2 weeks tomorrow I think.
Not really nervous. I will on the week running up to it and on the day.

Just got the final parcel for the wedding today, so hopefully that's everything done.
Also got the final bill through for the venue and all other expenses.
Looks like we owe a grand total of £11.

Great news UV, everyone loves a surprise pay rise :)

Scott, 2 weeks, that will be here before you know it!!

£11??

Im presuming everything has been paid previously...lol :)

Well done mate, last thing you want is to start married life with a load of debts!!

Birthday tomorrow for me, just going to chill really and enjoy a few days off.

You got much on??

Saturday I got a new softclose motor to fit to the 8 and a new bumper guide.
Sunday I'm chilling out, so a day of GTA unless the wife to be is off, then we might pop out on dartmoor if the weather is nice.
Monday off to the hotel to pay the final bill for the wedding, meet up with the photogs and last minute checks and such.

Happy birthday dude.

Reactions: Nilz
Sounds like a busy few days for you then mate :(

Make the most of GTA while you can!!

THANKS!!

Reactions: ScottD3
Afternoon, currently having a new combi boiler fitted at home, as the old boiler finally gave up after servicing the house since it was built in the late 70s, not bad really!
No heating or hot water for a few days now, and the sun has gone to play hide and seek!! :cold:

Hi!
Very quiet in here!
That stripper bar next door open again or is it that pound pub over the road getting all our regulars?

Afternoon everyone, you all ok???

I've been off for a few days, so its the first day back into the office, what a shock!!! :(

Weather is awful in Brum!!

Just had to have a Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodle for lunch to warm me up a bit.

Busy times hey Jo, cant complain i guess!!

I'll be there on the Sunday only mate, I will give you a shout nearer the time, oh and your click here thing isnt working.

Reactions: jojo
Lamo

Yeh we hitting the camping scene with loads of booze

Reactions: jojo and CHEZ
Me i will be there jo!
Still waiting for my tickets though

Where do you book tickets? Looked all over the site, no option, or maybe it's too near the date, they've removed it? :think: Anyways, anyone know the cost at the gates?

Lamo

Yeh we hitting the camping scene with loads of booze

Would love to join you guys camping, but not possible with my current work schedule!

According to the gti group on fb advanced tickets are still available until the 19th June.

Morning all,

I'll be at Inters again.
Can't miss it.

The weather down here has taken a turn for the worse.
So I've left the bike at home and took the car. :)

One more day and its the weekend.Bring it.

Morning all

Welly welcome back, and well timed. Need to revamp a gloss black table top. Its got some swirl markings.

Anyone able to suggest a product that works well. Will be similar to dealing with fibreglass I am guessing.

God knows, no good with paintwork lol.

I've got to play what's that smell tonight - getting an annoying fuel smell in the cabin of the VX - makes me high whilst driving :)

Welly, what happened to the M3 and why a VX?

Well, white M3 got written off as you know, the black one was fine but the gearbox was a bit ropey (4th gear synchro crunched like a ***** and they aren't cheap to replace) so I moved it on, then bought a 330D E46 and tuned the nuts off that, which was a complete waste of time - loads of torque, quite a bit of power, but poo gear ratios as with all diesels.

I wanted something fun and convertible for the summer, and also something that's quite unusual. The VX220 is all of these.

Went with the 2.2 as it's cheaper to buy and lighter than the cast block of the turbos. Bought mine for £9000 with 29,000 miles on an 03 plate, then spent £3000 having it supercharged with an M62 charger.

A good low mileage turbo will cost £13,000 so overall saving of a grand for a faster, lighter car :).

Reactions: Nilz and ScottD3
You got at least 3-4 months left of this one.

What's next? :)

How rare are the VXs?
I really liked them when they first came out but don't see many of them any more.

Less than 750 2.2s in the UK now, less than 2000 in total, that's the NAs, the Turbos and the VXR 220s.

Thats partly why I bought one, everyone wonders what the hell it is!

Reactions: ScottD3 and Sandra
This is what it sounds like now with the M62 charger - it's only on the base map at the moment which is soft limited to 5500 rpm, but gives you an idea.

[video]http://www.thewellings.co.uk/vx220/VX220SC1.mp4[/video]

Afternoon all!!

Welcome back Welly, long time mate, hope you are keeping well :)

Scott, how many days now??

Its my 9 year anniversary today, cant believe how time flies!!