ASN's Pub

Afternoon all!!

Welcome back Welly, long time mate, hope you are keeping well :)

Scott, how many days now??

Its my 9 year anniversary today, cant believe how time flies!!

All god thanks dude, hope the same applies to you.

Getting married in 10 weeks time.... sh****t!

Im all good mate, just keeping busy.

10 weeks, that will come and go before you know it man!!

Good luck with it, hope all the plans are going well and you are as organised as Scott is.

1 week tomorrow mate.

Welly, depending on how your organising it going, it might sneak up on you or it drag and take ages like it is with us.
I'm bored, so very bored of waiting and people asking if I'm nervous. Its all par of the course and such, which is fine.
Thinking about it, all the questions that people ask me that gets a bit tiresome cause its the 28th time i had to answer it, is the same questions I've asked when the weddings I've gone to and is the same questions married people have been asking me.
So I guess its a set of questions that everyone asks and will always ask.

I might change it at my mates wedding.

Instead of "are you nervous?", I think it should be, "Are you worried that you've not sampled as many variation of woman as possible?"
And "How long have you got left?", I think it should be, "You got enough days left to transfer all assets to your name and emigrate?"

Reactions: Nilz and Sandra
Im all good mate, just keeping busy.

10 weeks, that will come and go before you know it man!!

Good luck with it, hope all the plans are going well and you are as organised as Scott is.

The missus is a wedding planner, so I have had absolutely nothing to do with it, with the exception of paying.

Reactions: Nilz and ScottD3
Its just like getting into a taxi on a night out...when trying to get a discount!!!

Same old default questions :)

How long you been on??
Busy tonight??

The Craic Brennan is that its tipping it down!!!

Apart from that its wedded bliss in here at the mo!!

So whats the next topic going to be?

We have had some variety in here recently hey??

tipping it down here too lol so yeah im relatively new to the site. Are there any traditions i should be upholding? :p

Morning all.

Welcome Brennan.
Not really. Just turn up and talk ****e.........that's the old pub.

The pub has undertaken a reimage of late, so its not what it once was but it still a good place to come and talk to people.

The weather forecast said it was nice today, I cycled to work and got wet.
Hopefully it will dry out so I can go home in the dry.
I hate riding in the wet, unless its downhill and I'm getting muddy.

Well this is it, pick up my new A4 later today, excited. Hope it fulfils all my expectations :)

Reactions: jojo and Nilz
Congrats Brennan, you will have to post some pics up....welcome to the Pub too - Drinks are on you ;)

Scott, apparently the weather is meant to be ok this weekend, so lets wait and see, its still dry out at the mo in Brum, so fingers crossed!!!

Anyone got any decent plans for the weekend?

We using sigs as gospel of what people are driving?

That could have been his old car.
He could have gone from a A4 B8 to a A3, RS5 or a Ford.
So its possibly better to ask than assume he's getting a A4 B8.

Well this is it, pick up my new A4 later today, excited. Hope it fulfils all my expectations :)

:laugh:

Reactions: CHEZ
No a b8.5 is a bit too rich for me but yes I always go for a newer car than my previous one

Reactions: jojo
Evening all.
Well the suns out up here, which is sweet to start the weekend, also not back to work till Mon night, double woop. :arco:

Funny enough, I was in to see about getting a new motor today as well(finally)
Going to see them again tomorrow, try and thrash out the money, haggle time.

Hopefuly we can work somtjhbsrcjhb.

Sorry, what i was trying to say before my stupid cat ran over my Ipad, hopefuly we can work something out(yes I know I could have erased that bit but thought it was quite amusing, the cats a quicker typer than me. Lol.

Will post ip tomorrow if I get things sorted.
Have a nice evening gents.

Reactions: Nilz and CHEZ
Quiet this weekend.

I went to see the new X-men in 3D last night with the Mrs, then on to Pizza Express. Yumm.
Quite enjoyed it, I dont think it was as good as the Last Stand, but still a ****** good watch.
Just finished watching Kick *** 2 for the first time. Well funny.

Looks like I might have got the new car sorted as well, hopefuly get it delivered to the garage this week.
If alls as it seems to be, might have a new motor in the next week or two.
I was also told (that I didn't know) that all the local DVLA branches areshut down now, all moved to Swansea.
That sucks major portions. I had a branch at Carlisle, only 50 miles away, now everybodys stuff is going to Wales.

I want to get my Reg plate changed over, which would normally take a week or so, but now could take up to 6 !!!!
Why is it the Government seems obsessed with making things harder and telling us its for the best. :keule:

Morning All,

UV, what's the new car?
Audi 100?

Budget cuts, don't think it had anything to do with making it harder...............but they are welsh, how well do the welsh and scots get on?
I'd understand it if it was the Irish after you guys burnt all their potatoes.

4 day week this week and then a week off. WooHoo.

Good weekend all?
I cleaned the garage, paid the gardener and spent most of the Sunday playing on the Xbox.

Morning everyone :)

How are we all??

A good weekend was had over here, out on Friday night and had a few drinks which was good.

Saturday and Sunday was spent mainly chilling out really.

Back to normal 5 day weeks now!!!

Anyone watch the boxing on Saturday night??

Good result fro Froch for sure :)

Cheers Scott, for that slightly racist slur.
I think you'll find it was the British Goverment that imposed the sanctions that caused it, but hey ho. Past is past.
The Welsh and the Jocks get on fine, oppressed peoples are good like that. Lol.

Its an A4 B8 s line, looks pretty sweet, hopefuly pick it up this weekend.
I know its a budget thing, its just ****** annoying, I was able to nip to Carlisle before and sort things out on the day, not anymore.
Well just going out on Night Shift, still at least its a 4 day week.

Slightly but it's ok cause no one ever loses their **** when people takes the **** out of French, Welsh, English, Irish and such.

My Irish friend (so it makes everything ok) said it was the Scots the burnt the potatoes on their retreat back to Scotland.

I could be wrong, either way, I find it interesting.

That's a nice upgrade mate.

We going to be graced by your company at any shows this year?

talking of potatoes, jersey royals are in season and i just ate a load!
was good!, there yummy!
yeah come on U.V.!
come to inters! show your face dude, it is a mega weekend! :rock:

What Caused the Irish Potato Famine? - Mark Thornton - Mises Daily

I must admit my history is a bit on the ropey side as well dude, but I found this article quite interesting.

I would like to come to one of the big meets down South, I've been to a fair few up here.
Would be nice to put faces to the names, its a hell of a drive to some of them though.

Yeah, its a sweet looking motor, hopefuly pick it up Sat, will have to get some pics up.
I've been reading in some places about the 8.5, how is that different from the 8??? Or is that a stpid question.
Also you guys might know, is there any problems running 19's on the A4, I know there can be on the A3.

Reactions: ScottD3
Cheers dude, thats a sweet offer,
Just had a look at the site, looks cool, its a wee bit to close at the moment, but I'll defo make an effort for next year.
Maybe do something inbetween, will be going to the Scottish Car Show again this year,
It was a bit Fast & Furious last year, loads of neds(chavs) from the cruising scene, lots of skanky chicks and spotty blokes.

Will give me a chance to put my stamp on the new motor as well.

Morning all,

Thanks for the link UV.
Gives me something to do today.

I think you'll be fine on the B8 mate running 19"s.

No idea on the B8.5, I assume its just a normal facelift with different designed items and extra sound proofing or something.

Inters is further away from you this year but its closer for me. WooHoo.

I didn't know it was held in different places, is that a yearly thing??

Will have to start saving to try and get some new 19's then, getting rid of my rubbish rims when I trade in the A3.
Keep my CK's and tyres for the new one, its never ending,
I haven't even picked it up yet and already I'm looking at other things, my Mrs would kill me if I mentioned new rims.

Last year it was in the same place, before that it was somewhere else.

They changed it due to the Seat crash and went for a proper drag strip.

Hopefully they will be at shakespeare raceway for the foreseeable future.

CKs?
Calvin Klein did wheels?