At the end of my tether

Dazza69

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals , I bought a 2009 A5 2.0 CDNB last year and to be honest it had issues from the get go . It has a revo stg1 map , air filter , and did have a forge BOV until I swapped it bk to diverter . The problem started when it got warm and started to rough idle which gradually got worse , then once warm the revs would take a while to settle after revving and starting was affected ( taking longer )
The next morning it would cough a splutter , even cut out until I cleared the misfire codes , then it would be sweet again until warm again , and the cycle continues . I changed the pcv , plugs , Maf ,coil packs , swapped the BOV to diverter and disconnect the boost gauge to try and eliminate unmetered air .I have come to the point where I want to smash it to pieces .
i was told to do a smoke test , I did and found smoke coming from under the top timing chain cover and noticed oil from the magnetic cam adjuster ( I think that's what it is ) lol . Today I fitted new gaskets and o ring + did an oil change , repeated smoke test , no noticeable smoke . I thought my troubles would be over but alas , once warm ( cough ) (splutter ) idle haha what idle - reset -
Ran sweet again even while warm but gradually got worse , and here I am
Please please please help me ( willing to beg on my knees ) I love the car apart from these #*@%£# issues
Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully someone out there can offer some helpful advise , it will be massively appreciated ✌️

Egr?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk