At the end of the day

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Why do people have to say "at the end of the day" before they make some kind of point? It gets right on my ******* tits.
The other really annoying saying is "know what I mean?" after every sentence. If I don't know what you mean, I'll ask you.

scrupes said:
right, especially when they're giving directions!:motz:

Reminds me of a Christmas lunch at Pizza Express.

The scene:
-Table of 12 rowdy and hungry people
-Slightly dopey waitress

She takes the order from the last person, who orders a chicken/something pizza. She doesn't quite hear the correct order so the person has to state the item again (and again).

She repeats the order and he says "well done" (for finally getting it right).

20 minutes later, the order arrives.

The last guys pizza has burnt chicken on it... :tocktock:

they dont arf find 'em!! food places staff are some of the dumbest people i have ever met?

mind you, (there's another for ya Chris) i once had an apprentice joiner, he was thick as ****, no matter how many times i showed him how to do stuff, his minute brain could'nt take it in?? very frustrating. i sacked him after 6 weeks, he now works in (da da) makky d's!

Could you imagine those type of people with a 1/2" router in their hands? best off starting them off with a record plane, can't hurt themselves much with that...

Another that winds me up is when people use verbs as nouns e.g. 'a new build' or 'a big ask' - nooooo!!!!!! It's a new BUILDING, or a LOT TO ask. For f**k's sake you ignorant dipsh!t, learn the language or f**k off to somewhere that doesn't have English as it's first language! Like America!

And breathe...

A4Quattro said:
Could you imagine those type of people with a 1/2" router in their hands? best off starting them off with a record plane, can't hurt themselves much with that...
even a rubber mallet is too dangerous in their hands!!

but even the experienced have little accidents!
fingers.jpg

:faint: didn't hurt at all though!? except my pride :sorry:

I can't get it in a picture I don't think, but imagine using a metal cutting disc in an angle grinder without a guard, and letting the index finger of your left hand stray onto the disc(the nail bed and 1st knuckle), it cut me right down to the bone in less than 1 second. Didn't hurt one bit until I put it under a tap, that sting like a ******, so i shook my hand and splattered blood all up the walls and ceiling. In the end I wrapped my finger in toilet roll and electrical tape, and got back to work.

I had an unfortunate encounter with a "Yankee" screwdriver a few years ago.
lg-yankee-sm.jpg

More info: http://www.nickh.org/yankee

This is the point of entry (my left thumb):

The point of exit was my thumbnail.

It is now 'hard' under the skin and only really bothers me when I'm button mashing on an Xbox 360 or PS...

joost said:
Another that winds me up is when people use verbs as nouns e.g. 'a new build' or 'a big ask' - nooooo!!!!!! It's a new BUILDING, or a LOT TO ask. For f**k's sake you ignorant dipsh!t, learn the language or f**k off to somewhere that doesn't have English as it's first language! Like America!

And breathe...

Americanism's are slowly creeping in to English and it really annoys me. Like people who say things like 'thats it, period' no, thats it, full stop, or 'talking smack', what the hell is that suppose to mean (and before I get a whole load of people saying it, yes I know what it means but thats not the point!)? My favorite Amercianism has got to be 'in summarization' surely thats just in summary?...

Blue_Turbo said:
My favorite Amercianism has got to be 'in summarization' surely thats just in summary?...

Closure

Ooooh god dont get me started on management speeeeeeek.

"Blue sky thinking"

i got a guy at work , bugs me to death,,, " swings and roundabouts " he says wtf ! and " six and half a dozen " dunno where he gets them ? i c fellow " timber technicians " ie joiners on here , couple years ago at work , one of the boys cut thumb off in saw, put it in his mouth for cleansiness, ran to first aid, tripped and choked to death on thumb... 30 years young not a way to go .................

thats the most ridiculous thing I ever heard, "put it in his mouth for cleanliness" a human mouth has more germs than your ********.

A4Quattro said:
thats the most ridiculous thing I ever heard, "put it in his mouth for cleanliness" a human mouth has more germs than your ********.
pmsl aye i agree, i was 17 at the time, and as i got older i realised how stupid he was, i tell it at parties and people wonder why im laughing as im tellin the story..

A4Quattro said:

So what you're saying is that he should have stuck the thumb up his ***... :ermm:

Rich said:
Ooooh god dont get me started on management speeeeeeek.

"Blue sky thinking"
One thing we used to do in meetings, usually with consultants or project managers, is have a game of buzz word bingo. See how many they try to ram into a sentence. Always had a laugh in those meetings.

One that really bugs me though is "To be honest....." You know the last thing they are being is honest..!!

SamDude said:
So what you're saying is that he should have stuck the thumb up his ***... :ermm:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Back on track another one is "whatever!" :wtf: Somebody ought to shoot the buggers!

Why do people try to sound more important by saying "myself" and "yourself", when they just mean "me" and "you"?

jdp1962 said:
Why do people try to sound more important by saying "myself" and "yourself", when they just mean "me" and "you"?

One does not need to refer to oneself in such mentioned common ways.

:noway: