Atoll blue - sports trim exclusive

Daz Auto

Reaction score
We went to Audi to take a test drive. There was a lovely A3 Sport saloon in the showroom in Atoll blue. Was disappointed to find out that it is only available in the Sport trim option. Why Audi, why?!

The car we tested was an A3 Sline saloon in Turbo blue. I don't know why, but I don't like the saloon car in Turbo blue. It just looked the wrong colour for a luxury saloon car. Strangely, I though Turbo blue looked really, really good on the Sportback in the show room.

I was wondering why the blue looked so different on some youtube videos and reviews I was reading. Now I know why.

Dilemma - it's my wife buying the car - she wants a saloon in Turbo blue :( I really didn't like the Turbo blue saloon. We both liked the Atoll blue saloon, but adding LED matrix lights costs over £1500. May as well go for the Sline. First world problems.

Why, oh why, is the nice metallic blue limited to Sport trim?

In other revelations - Sline suspension... not that bad! I was really surprised.

Reactions: pburv
You state that the A3 is a luxury saloon car.

Hmmm, I would not put the A3 in that class and to be dead honest so called luxury cars are dead boring in blacks, greys, dark blues and silver colours.

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Jassyo06
We went to Audi to take a test drive. There was a lovely A3 Sport saloon in the showroom in Atoll blue. Was disappointed to find out that it is only available in the Sport trim option. Why Audi, why?!

The car we tested was an A3 Sline saloon in Turbo blue. I don't know why, but I don't like the saloon car in Turbo blue. It just looked the wrong colour for a luxury saloon car. Strangely, I though Turbo blue looked really, really good on the Sportback in the show room.

I was wondering why the blue looked so different on some youtube videos and reviews I was reading. Now I know why.

Dilemma - it's my wife buying the car - she wants a saloon in Turbo blue :( I really didn't like the Turbo blue saloon. We both liked the Atoll blue saloon, but adding LED matrix lights costs over £1500. May as well go for the Sline. First world problems.

In other revelations - Sline suspension... not that bad! I was really surprised.

l have seen a Turbo Blue s-line sport back on the forecourt in direct sunlight it looked dreadful.....a milky washed out blue....My car's colour is Voodoo Blue is very similar to Turbo in certain lighting conditions but never looks washed out or milky in tone like Turbo, Voodoo blue has a greater depth of blue...ie its darker,Atoll Blue reminds of Hainan Blue....you'll see the previous gen Q3 in this colour
Upload 2020 10 13 18 28 2
Upload 2020 10 13 18 28 39
Upload 2020 10 13 18 28 2
Upload 2020 10 13 18 28 39
believe or not these 2 cars are the colour

Hmmm, I would not put the A3 in that class and to be dead honest so called luxury cars are dead boring in blacks, greys, dark blues and silver colours.
:crying:
Cupra Quarry 4

Reactions: Pinky1959, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

You have a point.

What would you call it then? As it is now the same size as the original A4, does that make it a compact executive... maybe subcompact executive car?

No matter, I still don't like it in a shade of baby blue.

A few years ago I walked into an Audi show room and thought I had gone back in time and entered into a black and white movie. :)

Edit: how about calling it a premium saloon?

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Flying Scotsman
Since yours is a SRUV

a School Run Utility Vehicle ....I wouldnt class it as a luxury car either as nice as it is lol
But it does have Mono pur:whistle2:

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

turbo blue saloon its very nice

Reactions: Jcbmally
Last edited:
think with me is I like bright colors :) i did brought month ago s3 2018 in ara blue.. it a bit dark for me :) but hey have to live with that its only color :)

think with me is I like bright colors :) i did brought month ago s3 2018 in ara blue.. it a bit dark for me :) but hey have to live with that its only color :)
Ara blue A3 saloons looks fantastic. Much, much better than Turbo blue in my eyes.

Reactions: Jcbmally and JDHOWELLS
My wife likes that colour too. It's just not for me, in the saloon.

We passed a billboard with an Atoll blue A3 sportback today. Most of the reviews/advertising seem to be of the Atoll blue. I love the Atoll blue saloon.

If my wife buys a turbo blue saloon I will be so disappointed...

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/audi-a3-saloon-review-pictures

2-dsc_7109.jpg
Wife is always right pal. Happy wife happy life plus you always have the “you picked it”

Reactions: Daz Auto, pburv and NevMan
Wife is always right pal. Happy wife happy life plus you always have the “you picked it”

Agree on both counts, you picked it being a key one

Reactions: Daz Auto, pburv and Jcbmally
Ara blue A3 saloons looks fantastic. Much, much better than Turbo blue in my eyes.
Ara blue is ok but not one of the best Audi blue 's to be introduced hence l didnt choose it ....not sure the aluminum trim agrees with the A3 in turbo blue....high gloss black yes...or go Audi exclusive...????
Like others have said let the wife get her way...perhaps you could make sure her choice of alloys is correct ....they make a car as much as the colour does

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
Ara blue is ok but not one of the best Audi blue 's to be introduced hence l didnt choose it ....not sure the aluminum trim agrees with the A3 in turbo blue....high gloss black yes...or go Audi exclusive...????
Like others have said let the wife get her way...perhaps you could make sure her choice of alloys is correct ....they make a car as much as the colour does

So which option on your TTS are you letting Avril choose buddy :hopelessness:

Hee frickin Haw..... shes not interested in cars at all mate we have nothing in common lol

Reactions: Sparks43, pburv and Jcbmally
Hee frickin Haw..... shes not interested in cars at all mate we have nothing in common lol

Partnership made in heaven, I envy you sometimes buddy :friends:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv

PMSL!.. I dare you to show her that comment. :slapped: lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Erm,,,, all of them if @jassyo06 knows best. :thumbs up:
Jeez! Just spec'd up one on Audi's site and total came to £54500!!! Having said that it's ****** well spec'd:thumbs up: That price was with it in Daytona and not Exclusive.

Nice looking car to be fair...Black would be a swine to keep clean.
£45K now, they have had it a while now. It was on offer for £47k about 2 months ago.

Thats a black edition not interested in a BE as you cant get Matrix candles or carbon trim or those sexy looking diamond cut 5 arm cutter style alloys straight off the bat there is a £9500 discount thats including a £4k finance contribution...but typical Audi they want 6-5% Apr....so waiting on a dealer contacting me ..
Iike this one
https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...rive-other-1_GBR000291153759.htm#/f|gallery/4

861aa4c1332493920e5c8f9d2d031a4e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and pburv
She doesn't care what alloys come on the car. To be honest neither do I. Waste of money in our opinion.

Just sat in a Atoll blue Saloon Sport model.....it was in the showroom looks nice but not to my taste....bit old fashioned to be honest

Just sat in a Atoll blue Saloon Sport model.....it was in the showroom looks nice but not to my taste....bit old fashioned to be honest
You say 'old fashioned', I would say it's more 'grown up' looking than Turbo blue. Despite the fact blue is my favourite colour, I don't really like either blue. I would pick red. :)

You say 'old fashioned', I would say it's more 'grown up' looking than Turbo blue. Despite the fact blue is my favourite colour, I don't really like either blue. I would pick red. :)
The only thing Atoll has over turbo blue is it will look far better in direct sunlight Turbo blue looks washed out in the sunlight