Attempted theft!

davesimmo

Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve had my beautiful A6 Avant black edition for only 4 months, some absolute low life attempted to force the doors on the passenger side of the car causing significant damage to both doors & rear quarter. They couldn’t get into the car so decided it would be a great idea to then scratch it metal deep all down the drivers side wing both doors and rear quarter. Estimate for damage is £7350
Engineer came to look at the car yesterday and authorised the repair to be carried out, subject to the car not requiring anything else during repair. If the rear quarter can not be repaired the insurance will write it off.
Absolute scum!

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope it's gets sorted quickly for you

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sucks! Wings and doors are aluminium so insurance repairers tend not to use filler in them and just specify a new door which then comes with all associated costs of stripping old doors, painting new ones and then transferring all parts over to new ones.

Yeah, the repairs are to include new doors. So that will be why I guess. With them being aluminium. Yeah I’m gutted but I’m sure she will soon be returned to her former glory. Can’t wait. Roll on 7th October when the repairs commence.

Reactions: Bulldog and Buxton2901
Absolute pond scum that did this.
Sorry for your troubles, hope it’s sorted soon.