***Attention all DSG owners***

Someone needs to tell a certain Herts dealer then! Who seem to think its still every 20k. Will see what the dealer says when I take the car in for its service, as they (different dealer to the Herts one) were quoting 40k.

I have just spoken to the service guys at my dealers and they say it depends on when the DSG was built. Very early DSGs require the change at 20k but he thinks these DSGs are only on early Audi TTs. He entered the details of my car into the central Audi computer system and it says that the DSG oil should be changed at 40k miles or 60k km. He has not seen anything giving a change interval of 60k miles only 60k km.

Eeef said:
FYI mines an 05 plate with the new style DSG lever.

So is mine..... just queried it with dealer as i'm at 39k.... they say it's 40k miles or 60k km. They say there has been no notification from Audi of any change in this.

Eeef, What is the exact wording that is stamped on your invoice?

Spoke to Audi Customer Service this afternoon, who checked with the technical guys at Milton Keynes and they say that the DSG oil change is due at 40k miles or 60k km irrespective of the when the vehicle was built.

So it would appear that everyone except Eeef's dealer thinks it's 40k miles.

it will take me another 2 years to reach 40K !

i was worried when i first read the topic, now im happy

What's a more likely scenario?
a) The service interval hasn't changed, my dealer got it wrong.
b) The service interval has changed, other dealers are pleading ignorance to get the cash out of people early

What's the chances of a dealer putting off something when they could ask you to pay for it earlier? So it's unlikely that my dealer would be telling porkies (?) if they thought they could get £100 out of me now ather than in 20k miles time.

I've double checked the invoice, it definitely says 60k miles. Suggest others check with your own dealer and/or Audi Customer Service.

I spoke to my dfealer last night and the interval has changd to 60K for some engine codes - not all DSG equip cars.

The DSG oil change is £180!

J.

Did they give any idea of which engine codes have changed to 60k and which ones stay at 40k.

What's a more likely scenario?
a) The service interval hasn't changed, my dealer got it wrong.
b) The service interval has changed, other dealers are pleading ignorance to get the cash out of people early

What's the chances of a dealer putting off something when they could ask you to pay for it earlier? So it's unlikely that my dealer would be telling porkies (?) if they thought they could get £100 out of me now ather than in 20k miles time.

I just don't understand the point about the dealer making money by telling a customer than a item needs doing earlier than necessary. Unless the dealer has spare workshop bays and technicians standing around with nothing to do all day, then if they are changing the oil in a DSG they cannot being doing other work as well. If the oil change takes say an hour to complete then that ties up a workshop bay and a technician for an hour and whilst he is doing that the technician cannot be doing another job. The dealer will earn a profit on each hour of the technicians time but if he was not doing the oil change he could be doing another job instead, so where is the gain apart from the profit on the oil used. But if the technician was doing another job they would make a profit on whatever oil or parts were used on that job.

marriedblonde - which dealer do you use. I could perhaps give them a ring and see if they know which ones the 60k DSG oil change applies to.

To avoid any further confusion I must stress that the DSG gearbox oil change is due at 40,000 miles. There are some very early models that require it every 20,000 miles.

The intial confusion was caused by ELSA reverting to KM's, this unfortantly caught out the technician who then advised 60,000 miles.

Apologies to all in creating this confusion.

I will be contacting Eeef later on today.

I think you'll find he's the Service Manager. He's been in touch and confirmed that they made a mistake on ELSA, someone swapped the denomination from Miles to KM. He's very kindly offered to make good their mistake though.