Audi 1.8T - Non Start?

loafy

Reaction score
Ok 1.8T2004 audi cab, parked her on sat nite and everything was running hungry dorey.

went to the car last nite and it wont start,it sounds like it trying to start, but not gettingthere at all.

any ideas? surely if there is a problem with the maf or the coil packs it would still start?

A mate had a coil pack out on his Golf 1.8T, it ran but only on 3, still started etc.
Mine has done this, but only in the winter when I just started it from cold, moved across the road to outside the house and then left it. Next day it wouldn't go, I thought the worst, but after about 30 secs of trying, it went. Musty have just kind of flooded it with choke on. Never did it again, as I always give it a little rev or take it round the block if i'm only moving it now.

Maybe your fuel pump is not working properly or the fuel filter is blocked up?

have had coil packs breakdown and blow fuel pump fuse.

To be fair it could be a whole host of problems. I had a similar problem with my A4 2.8, it turned out to be sparkplugs coated in crap that shell V fuel had "cleaned" out from my tank! Hence she wouldn't start.

You need a mechanic or someone experienced enough to spend some time on the car to look it over. Better than worrying about it. I've done the same and watched the thread grow with potential problems, and in the end it was the above, which no one would have thought. Ofcourse I’m not taking into account known issues, but then they would be quite apparent in the responses.

you're right of course, it could be anything from a fuel pump fuse to a broken timing belt although i must admit i take a perverse sort of pleasure from trying to figure out what's gone wrong.

does this make me strange ? lol