Audi 2.0 TDIe 136ps - MPG

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I posted recently about the mpg on our new car.
I'm still unhappy. It was around 50mpg, then down to 46. Then last week I went to Edinburgh and back, it returned 51mpg on the run. This week we've run it where we'd been getting 48/49 it's giving 42mpg. I've just done a run today and it's returned 43mpg.

It does seem very low for the tdie version. It's not like we're even dealing with cold weather it's like 15 degrees.

I can't find where I'd test the MAF on VCDS like I would on my old 2.5 or 1.9.

Any suggestions? I really don't think these MPG's are right for this engine. Its recently serviced with genuine parts too.

Edit: To add.
MPG figures are worked out at the pump. The dash is reading 10-13mpg higher than actual.

Think you are doing well. My wife's one is averaging 43 on the DIS and I got 48 this morning. We have had it since new and unimpressed by the mpg. Would have got a 170 if I knew it was going to be this poor. It's due to be changed in April and we are thinking of getting a petrol one this time.
My biturbo gets almost as good economy on certain journeys!

Crazy!! Is yours the 136? or a 143?

I bought a DTUK economy tuning box to improve the mpg. But it made no difference at all. When I rang for advice from DTUK. They told me it wasn't actually for economy, it's just for insurance purposes. Then won't reply to my emails asking if it has been incorrectly advertised.

It's a 136. Very happy with it over 50,000m but the economy is nowhere near-even if it was 20% off it would be acceptable.

It's a 136. Very happy with it over 50,000m but the economy is nowhere near-even if it was 20% off it would be acceptable.
I know, I bought ours with the understanding that the 60+mpg was a joke. I expected maybe 10% less, but this is about 30% less than advertised.

Maybe time for the DPF to accidently fall off. It's on 120k now. Maybe it's ready for a replacement.

I got my TDIe for the £30 road tax
I've always taken the quoted the mpg with a pinch of salt - achieved under unrealistic test conditions. I've always struggled to achieve anything close to quoted figures unless I drive ultra-sensibly (boring)
I've got a fairly heavy right foot and usually get ~45mpg (DIS) - happy with that

I understand it's a pinch of salt, but 30% is quite a pinch.
You're getting 45mpg with a heavy foot, we're feathering it and getting 43

Last edited: