Audi 2.0tdi turbo

Ryeh

Reaction score
Hi all, so my a6 went into limp mode a month or so ago, overboosting, turned out to be egr valve, had that replaced. Monday gone my turbo went, blue smoke out of exhaust, the garage have told me it could have been the oil pump, but he isn’t sure and has said I should just get a recond turbo in and get rid of it... what are your thoughts?

Nah I know the turbos gone, the garage told me that it’s common with the 2.0 Audi engine and that he can’t give any warranty on the work he does because of that reason, the oil pump?

i owned a 2.0 tdi pd140 bre sold it on 240k it had a overboost code the vanes in the turbo where clogged changed turbo it was fine the oil pump shaft is a well known problem mine was fine no history of it being change neither did i

So do you think when they put a re con turbo in I should listen and sell the car or keep it running? It has 135k on? Thanks for your help

look into the oil pump and getting the modified version what is your engine code?
if the egr was clogged it might have clogged the vains in the turbo but if it was the oil pump that starved the turbo wouldnt your engine have oil starvation
how is it running now

Partial slippage of the wonderful 77mm oil pump drive probably has begun .

As above , engine code ?

Reactions: RS4B5
Check your oil pressure before just writing the car off, a 135k old turbo that has had overboosting issues and spikes for however long could have just died due to age.

The turbo in my c5 went at 140k certainly wasn’t the oil pressure, my current BRE engines A6 is on 140k original turbo and nice and quiet.