Audi 3.0 TDI Timing chain advice

RossNE

Reaction score
Hi all I’m looking for some advice, I have a 3L tdi CAPA engine and it’s currently out the car. The engine has 160,000 miles on it, i have read that at 200,000 miles the timing chain should be done.

I have took the gearbox off and removed timing chain covers from the rear of the engine

41192D4A EE95 4D1B 8188 E9D8F6367D073B00E3FF C61D 4812 953D B3B29816ABDBAA86C1DA 4A85 40AD 86EC EFEE9FA2DC21

Can anyone advise if it’s recommended to change the sprockets while doing the chains, tensioners and guides?

If I was to just change the chain,tensioners and guides it looks like this is my best option
(Same but cheaper)

If I was to change chains, guides, tensioners and sprockets, this is all I can find on the internet, however it doesn’t even mention CAPA in the description, not only that but there is none in stock, and i cant find anywhere else that sells the kits with sprockets

Does anyone know where to buy the gaskets and seals as none of the kits seem to come with them

Thanks

Last edited:
Depends on the cost, unless you see any significant wear, then I'm sure with new other parts they should ok, but if cost isnt a denominator, then swap them out.

Audi would be my 1st call for these parts, cheaper alternatives may not be as reliable, given its the engine out job, I'd go oem for these.