Audi 3.0TDI CAPA - Stock pump and hybrid results

bobby singh

BSR
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this here as referrence to what a stock CAPA fuel pump (CP1 R85) can do with a hybrid.

Spec:

DPF off
EGR off
Hybrid turbo MFS 65mm 6+6 wheel & AMG turbine (was already on the car)

8rLZxRb.jpg

408hp / 880nm
Stock clutch doing well and spins all fours going in to 3rd

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: barkclark, Horia, TimberVD and 1 other person
Owner here. :yes:

Can wholeheartedly recommend Bobby, he's really got that special touch with these engine plus he's a fantastic bloke, super friendly. His skills are worth travelling the distance for!

Car has got super drivability, very smooth power delivery. Naturally it's a monster now.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobby singh
Hi Bobby!

I got an A4 with the same engine over here in Norway and was considering fitting a Darkside development fmic, 3" dpf delete downpipe and getting rid of the egr valve. Replaced the clutch and flywheel yesterday so i think it will be good for at least a couple of years.
My dream would be 440hp and 750nm.But first i would go for a remap and are reading that people here are talking about fitting a 4 bar map sensor before remap will help you gain more even with stock turbo??? what kind of power are possible with these mods and a remap??

Thanx Karl!

What do you reckond i will get with a mod like that?? got any tip of some thing other to include in my tuning plan before i remap it??

4 bar is worth fitting to stock 2260 to make decent torque

Hi bobby!

The tuners over here stop at 300hp and 600nm, any idea on how i can get the last 100nm?? Asume you don't do tuning by remote over here :) ??
Can the car be driven with 4bar mapsensor without remap or must it be raplaced at the same time as the tuning??

Last edited:
Impressive stuff Bobby. 400 Hp seemed difficult to reach and here you show how it can be done without too much fuss.

What rail pressure, injection quantity and manifold air pressure do you need to run to make this sort of power?

Reactions: Misikee
Thanks - can tell you some information more than stock rail pressure and over 2 bar boost.

Lol. I don't blame you. I was just curious in order to learn more about the 3.0TDI so that I can better understand the limits of my own car.

Hi Bobby

Thanks for information and continuously posting your results. Very impressive I must say, been following you for a while now. I've been struggling to find somebody who has experience with this engine. No one wants to touch the thing apart from standard gen stage 1 map. Ive dropped you an email to your outlook address. Live in sussex and require some work done and advice please.

Many thanks

Reactions: bobby singh
Standard MAP sensor is 3 bar so will only measure upto 29PSI positive boost.

Can not wait to get this done on mine! Saving up and collecting parts as I go. Got the bigger MAF, MAP and a gutted DPF already. Just need the bigger turbo and CP3 fuel pump from you Bobby and we are good to go!

I am correct in thinking the jump from 420 to 500 is considerably bigger than from Stock to 420?

Can not wait to get this done on mine! Saving up and collecting parts as I go. Got the bigger MAF, MAP and a gutted DPF already. Just need the bigger turbo and CP3 fuel pump from you Bobby and we are good to go!

I am correct in thinking the jump from 420 to 500 is considerably bigger than from Stock to 420?
This was one of my first hybrid tunes and I have learnt since then. I would say a CAPA pump can make around 380hp / 800nm while staying within the pump limits. This car had low pressure error for fuel which meant the pump was on its limit - later I installed a CP3 which fixed the issue.

As for your car I would say when you are ready drop me a email but I would not collect any parts. Often people do this and turn up with a boot full of parts that are either wrong or not working which is a waste of time for me.

Yes the jump from 420hp to 500hp is big and the turbo is not something I made again since doing my car - parts alone are very expensive and I would say low comp is required (look at my last few updates on my build thread)

Cheers

Reactions: Horia
Hello Bobby,

Just seen your latest post! I did wonder if there would be a point at which the heads started to lift and it certainly seems you have found that! I am not surprised given the massive cylinder pressures and it is impressive to see someone like yourself pushing them limits.

I have a CCWA based on your advice over some email correspondence before Christmas and also went for the ZF box given your success with the strength of it, I couldn't find a CCWA manual and didn't want the limits of the Stronic. I will send over an email soon to discuss as your Hybrid by far and away shows the best results for power and torque spread. The use of a CP3 is also desirable due to reliability benefits as well.

420 / 8**ish nm would more than keep me happy for what I use the car for.

Thought I'd post this here as referrence to what a stock CAPA fuel pump (CP1 R85) can do with a hybrid.

Spec:

DPF off
EGR off
Hybrid turbo MFS 65mm 6+6 wheel & AMG turbine (was already on the car)

8rLZxRb.jpg

408hp / 880nm
Stock clutch doing well and spins all fours going in to 3rd

Cheers
Bobby
What Hybrid turbo is this Bobby?

Hi Bobby, I have an a5 running 404bhp, but recently the turbo gave in. It's a hybrid 2260, previous owner claimed it was built for 370bhp. Looking at a new hybrid, more suited to running 400+bhp, do you have anything?

Hi Bobby, I have an a5 running 404bhp, but recently the turbo gave in. It's a hybrid 2260, previous owner claimed it was built for 370bhp. Looking at a new hybrid, more suited to running 400+bhp, do you have anything?
Hi Yes I do - drop me a email BobbySinghRacing@outlook.com

I managed 490hp on one of my hybrid with other supporting mods like low comp engine, custom injectors and big pump.

Thanks
Bobby