Audi 80 B3 FWD to quattro conversion

Adamson89

Reaction score
Hi guys. New to the forum.

I'm looking for advice on a quattro conversion.

Wondered if anyone has either done it before or knows what is required.

I have a 1990 B3 80 sport with the 2.0 8v engine. Wondered if the platform lends itself to fitting all the running gear, suspension, sub frames (etc) from an S2 or similar, without major fabrication? I have seen someone do it with a B4 80 but not sure if the chassis platforms are the same or not. If it didn't require a huge amount of cutting/welding then Id try to source the necessary parts, but if it is going to be a major then I'd probably just fix her up as standard and use it as a daily.

Any help would be appreciated.
Audi 80

Thanks

Only way to know is if a comparison was done with 2 vins 1 being yours & other being an S2, then cross check in etka lists of the cars parts.

Its a hell of a pain tbh as you have to constantly swap between vins if you even have access.

I'm guessing the weight difference & rear etc gear will be the deciding factor.

Only way to know is if a comparison was done with 2 vins 1 being yours & other being an S2, then cross check in etka lists of the cars parts.

Its a hell of a pain tbh as you have to constantly swap between vins if you even have access.

I'm guessing the weight difference & rear etc gear will be the deciding factor.
Yea I realise its quite a big job. I think I might try to shoehorn in a 2.3 NG engine instead and save the quattro conversion for my C3 100 as a long term project. I'm assuming it won't be too much of a job to fit the NG 5 pot a far as mounts and running gear is concerned, but not sure on wiring loom and ECU. I'd imagine its doable but I have never undertaken something like that before so would need to know before I go ripping stuff out.