audi 80 cabriolet 1993 2.6 hydraulic fluid for roof

marvoman

Reaction score
Hi there, completely new to this forum but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 93 cabriolet and the roof is not working. I have checked the fluid reservoir in the boot and it looks empty. The hydraulic fluid under the bonnet is full so am i wrong in thinking that the hydraulic fluid from the front, fills the reservoir in the boot? If so could someone tell me where to fill the reservoir in the boot please as it does not appear obvious to me. Thanks again for any advice:eyebrows:

The Hydraulic fluid in the front behind the battery is the power steering one. I had to top it up today hence why i know that. Although I have the same issue as you with the roof. My roof will go down but not up and my resvoir is empty i think i can hear it pumping air and fluid which is not good. Apartently the filler area is on the pump resevior in the boot. I have read you need to take out the pump to fill it whch involves removing the rear bumper to access one nut and the other is acessed via the spare wheel well. its sounding a nightmare already. well if you have any luck post here and help me out and likewise if i hear anything ill post it here too.
Mines a 2000 v 2,.8v6 but guess they are all the same

Ok tried this myself tonight so far I have filled the reservoir up twice and it's taking the fluid into the pipes. The roof is going up and down quicker now all it needs is another top up and run through the cycle and keep in topping it up until the level in the reservoir stays constant along with newly acquired relay for the windows my new purchase is looking better all the time