Audi 90 CS Radiator fans quit

jlmata

Reaction score

I have an 93 Audi 90 CS.It has a 2.8 V6. I checked all the appropriate fuses. I just figuered out how to check sthe relays in the fusd box that indicate they deal with the radiator fan. The radiator fans stopped working.
My first idea is to change the thermoswitch per a manual I have. I ordered a part on line but the wrong one came. The one I need is a 29mm metal piece with 3 prongs, in a 2 on top and 1 below one of the terminal configuration. The one I recieved has 3 prongs straight across. I am headed to the dealer for the part. Is ther any advices on trouble shooting this repair.

did you check to see if the fan motor was still working they do burn out some times

There are two fan motors. I am thinking that two mototrs would probably not go out together. I just got the thermo swicth.If it does not fix the problem, I have to move on to check the ECT sensor, which looks like it is buried under the brake master cylinder or something. I need some input on the procudure of removing it the quickest, saafest, non-hassle method.