Audi A3 – S3 Bumper Conversion Parts & Part Numbers

No it wont. S3 bumper is made from aone peace, A3 from two. The A3 lower gril is actuly a lower part of the bumper.

Hi, im new to this site and i think its quality! i want to do an s3 8L front bumper conversion and i just wondered if anyone knew where i could source a silver s3 bumper ? thanks

:greyrs4:

ebay for bumper and then get it painted mate. thats your best best or steelers...

Hi, im new to this site and i think its quality! i want to do an s3 8L front bumper conversion and i just wondered if anyone knew where i could source a silver s3 bumper ? thanks

ok few pics from the other day this should help the people interested in the wings...

OK bascially the wings line up as normal under the bonnet check your gaps and also pay attention to the adjusters behind the splash guard and also the ones the front of the wings bolt too... onece lined up properly bolt it all up and you get a nice straight wing....

20052009055.jpg

OK when at this stage i will assure you, you need the wing end covers off a S3! part no's :- 8L9 821 111, 8L9 821 112

these will ensure no crap comes through, the splash guards fitted good enough to warrent not worrying about getting S3 ones too so thats fine...

now for the bottom of the wings... Basically the wing foul the sill on a normal A3 so i needed to cut a diagonal so the wing misses the sill
unsure how clear this is but here:-

20052009059.jpg

So then i began to scratch my head about securing the lower part... So initially i made a steel mount which was very agricultrual... And i really needed something that curved with the sill and met the wing!?

SO i had a brainwave and cut the sill part on the STD wing and adjusted it and welded it cut a hole and bolted it onto the wing :rock:...

this was not SOLID as i bolted into the STD plastic fitting but holds in place nice what could be done it washers and nut and bolt i'll leave mine just for now tho....

heres the sill :- (apologise for the bracket looking gash i will be removing it tomorrow and rubbing it down and hammeriting it :)

20052009061.jpg

So basically thats the wing conversion... ALSO dont forget you need the S3 front bumper guides to fit the S3 bumper on too :icon_thumright:

heres a front pic

20052009058.jpg

will explain about the rear bumper tomorrow as i'm tired :blink:

Ad...

Does anyone knows what is the part number of this part in the pictures?
I need right and left part number.
This a 8L S3.
Flap.jpg

Does anyone knows what is the part number of this part in the pictures?
I need right and left part number.
This a 8L S3.
Flap.jpg
You can find any part number on vagcat.com

I'm looking for this parts below for 2001 Audi S3 (8L):
8L9807682A = air guide grille right lower / S3
8L7853579 = covering / side member extension LEFT rear / S3
8L7853580 = covering / side member extension RIGHT rear / S3
How much is each part and how much is shipping to Brazil?
My MSN davidisurf@hotmail.com
Thanks!
:greyrs4:

What are people doing about the rear arches?

Im almost an S3 replica, but the rear arches are frankly inferior to my new S3 wings..

rears are not doable unless you can get genuine ones and cut and weld not worth the £££ if you ask me

Does anyone know information on doing this for a 2005 8P?? I bought my boyfriend a new genuine S3 chrome grill after stupidly taking advice from guy in store that it would fit directly onto car which is a 2005 5door A3 Sline Quattro - now i need to go and buy the rest new bumper etc - can anyone help me??? Please??

Does anyone know information on doing this for a 2005 8P?? I bought my boyfriend a new genuine S3 chrome grill after stupidly taking advice from guy in store that it would fit directly onto car which is a 2005 5door A3 Sline Quattro - now i need to go and buy the rest new bumper etc - can anyone help me??? Please??

Hi

Does your A3 have the two split grilles? If so your gonna need a new bonnet 2006+, S3 bumper, S3 Grille (you got) S3 fog light surrounds and S3 foglights also you will need to trim the crash bar aswell. Or the bumper wont fit.
If you already have the single grille front end you will need to glue the S3 grille into place as its shorter than the A3 grilles so wont be secure. And welcome to the forum:happy:

Last edited:
I have just fitted an S3 rear bumper to my a3 tdi, was fairly straight forward, but it doesn't quite line up right, im guessing I need to buy the S3 rails and re fit the bumper on to the S3 rails?

I also got a s3 tailgate with spoiler and the facelift rear lights, all in the same colour as my A3! One slight problem the tailgate is from a facelift and mine is pre facelift, the electrics for the central locking and lock barrel seem different so I wont be able to swap my lock over!? Has anyone done this successfully ?

Cheers

Rich

id love to do just the rear arches rear and front bumpers only. get sum mad spacers ont he back would look mean!

I have just fitted an S3 rear bumper to my a3 tdi, was fairly straight forward, but it doesn't quite line up right, im guessing I need to buy the S3 rails and re fit the bumper on to the S3 rails?

I also got a s3 tailgate with spoiler and the facelift rear lights, all in the same colour as my A3! One slight problem the tailgate is from a facelift and mine is pre facelift, the electrics for the central locking and lock barrel seem different so I wont be able to swap my lock over!? Has anyone done this successfully ?

Cheers

Rich

i had this the boots are identical just remove the spoiler and bond it on your one with tiger seal i did this and its fine.

why is people saying you do need the rails and other' you dont!

I just acquired a Rieger front bumper off an S3 (for my A3) and am wondering the same thing... Do I need the guide rails for my 8L1 or no?

hi all im new to the site and this seems to be the best place to ask? do the mk1 s3 headlights from the face lift (1 piece) fit to the bumper/wings of the 2000 s3?? cheers

Have I dreamt a rear bumper how too on here or has it gone as I can't find it anywhere and I pick up my S3 bumper later today !!!
Have you looked in the FAQs thread, iirc it should be in there.

As I am in the process of getting this done i thought id put this up for anyone who plans to do it as it helps alot.

All prices are from Agnew Audi - Belfast and include VAT.

Front Bumper (S3 Bumper)

P/N 8L9807111CGRU Price: £258

Front Lower bumper grills (S3 Bumper)

Left Lower:
P/N 8L98076813FZ Price: £20.50

Centre Lower:
P/N 8L98076833FZ Price: £29.14

Right Lower:
P/N 8L9807682A3FZ Price: £20.24

S3 Lower Front Grille Clip (centre) :

P/N - A8L9 807 807 (CLIP) Price: TBA

Front Washer Jet Covers (S3 bumper)

Left:
P/N 8L9955275GRU Price: £9.54

Right:
P/N - 8L9955276GRU Price: £9.54

Front Bumper Guide Rails (S3 bumper)

Left:
P/N 8L9807183A Price: £5.32

Right:
P/N - 8L9807184A Price: £5.32

Back Bumper (S3 Bumper)

P/N 8L9807437GRU Price: £249

Back Bumper Insert (S3 Bumper)

P/N - 8L98073417DL Price: £58.83

Back Bumper Guide Rails (S3 bumper)

Left:
P/N 8L9807377CD Price: £12.88

Right:
P/N 8L9807378CD Price: £12.88

Any Questions Id be happy to help.:blackrs4::s3addict:
Thats very helpfull to know nice 1 so would you say its a nice fit ? I've heard the bumpers ok but the rear is allot harder to fit as the rear arches are allot wider than the a3 what do you think lad.?

Reactions: MPH
Thats very helpfull to know nice 1 so would you say its a nice fit ? I've heard the bumpers ok but the rear is allot harder to fit as the rear arches are allot wider than the a3 what do you think lad.?
Correct I have one on the A3 8L arches does not line up perfectly I have tried changing the mounts and stuck with the original A3 ones

Mmh ok fair how noticeable is it are you looking to change it? So I need a decent k04 turbo and induction kit you onow of any food 1uality 1s but not ridiculously expensive with out sounding like a bum lol ?

Mmh ok fair how noticeable is it are you looking to change it? So I need a decent k04 turbo and induction kit you onow of any food 1uality 1s but not ridiculously expensive with out sounding like a bum lol ?
I think you need to rewrite some of that message as some of it is a bit garbled lol :laugh:

Sent from Syknet Global Defence Network

I'm not the man to talk about turbos as I'm naturally aspirated there are a couple of stickies about induction cones etc

Gd stuff mate what you recon with the mamba ko4 kits, ? Any good? And 1 mote thing I've found a milltech exaust cat back for a vw polo gti but have separately bought the milltech down pipe specifically for my reg not sure if its gonna fit wanna check before I go ahead and buy it yano as its well hard finding mods for a 2001 a3 lol

Reactions: MPH
I'm not the man to talk about turbos as I'm naturally aspirated there are a couple of stickies about induction cones etc

Do you know if a vw polo gti 1.8t milltech exaust fit my a3 ? As I've bought a down pipe also milltech but thats actually for my reg just wondering if they will piece together and also if the exaust will fit on my car?

Do you know if a vw polo gti 1.8t milltech exaust fit my a3 ? As I've bought a down pipe also milltech but thats actually for my reg just wondering if they will piece together and also if the exaust will fit on my car?
Check in reference the bore and length/shape of the pipe you can always join them up up which is not a problem I would personally go to 7zap on milltek site to compare the sizes.

Got any pics or references? Got this on my A3 8L for a while now all good.Do you mean this one file:///C:/Users/markp/Downloads/SSXVW109_1__50983.1524758967.webp

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    374 KB · Views: 86
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot 2021-04-03 140906.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 140906.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Got any pics or references? Got this on my A3 8L for a while now all good.Do you mean this one file:///C:/Users/markp/Downloads/SSXVW109_1__50983.1524758967.webp
Its this 1 I think its the same yh and this aswell

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210403-143640_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210403-143640_Chrome.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 93
Its this 1 I think its the same yh and this aswell

Got any pics or references? Got this on my A3 8L for a while now all good.Do you mean this one file:///C:/Users/markp/Downloads/SSXVW109_1__50983.1524758967.web
Whats it called have you got the link for the web site mate as tried typing it in and came up with nothing I've probley typed it in wrong says I've gotta get an s3 qautro milltech cat back to fit the down pipe for a 2001 a3 milltech decat I don't even know whats happening lol I'm a beginner at this the helps much appreciated by the way guys so nice 1and if your wondering what I'm actually doing I've currently got a 2001 audi a3 1.8t sport wich I bought not long ago with a stage 1 remap and custom back box I've literally bought it to upgrade everything ready for its stage 2 and is currently going through an s3 conversion its literally a summer project and is the 1st car I've done much on so once again help is very appreciated

Whats it called have you got the link for the web site mate as tried typing it in and came up with nothing I've probley typed it in wrong says I've gotta get an s3 qautro milltech cat back to fit the down pipe for a 2001 a3 milltech decat I don't even know whats happening lol I'm a beginner at this the helps much appreciated by the way guys so nice 1and if your wondering what I'm actually doing I've currently got a 2001 audi a3 1.8t sport wich I bought not long ago with a stage 1 remap and custom back box I've literally bought it to upgrade everything ready for its stage 2 and is currently going through an s3 conversion its literally a summer project and is the 1st car I've done much on so once again help is very appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210403-155533_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210403-155533_WhatsApp.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20210403-143640_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210403-143640_Chrome.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 88
So you want to put a Milltek full exhaust decat system on a 2001 S3 8l is that correct? The reason you are asking about the polo 6n one the price?

No its for my 2001 audi a3 8l 1.8t and I do yes but 8ve bought the exaust and decat separate not sure if they will fit as there both milltech but the exaust is ment for a vw polo gti and the d3cat pipe is specifically for my audi ...are they gonna fit?