Audi a3 1.6 akl no wires to oil sump sending unit?

8lgang96

Reaction score
Hello i just remember that i have a oil sump sender unit but there is no wires leading to it and i wonder can i source new wires to it or can i leave it be? Its my moms car and she loves it . And second question it has oil in it but when i pull out the oil dipstick and clean it then put it back and pull it out then there is no oil!! Really wierd...

Attachments

• IMG_20210526_132923.jpg
    IMG_20210526_132923.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 90
Its possible that your car wasn't originally fitted with a sump sensor and the sump was swapped out with one that had the sensor... typically the sump sensor is for cars that have a full DIS in the cluster

As for your dipstick issue... oil will wash up the dipstick tube from normal driving... this is why you always wipe the dipstick first and take the reading from a clean stick... if this is not showing oil then basically you have low oil levels and need to top it up...

This is also assuming that the dipstick tube is correctly fitted and not damaged as I have seen this before when someone added a bit of silicon tube to fix a broken tube and effectively changed the level the dipstick sat in the sump and subsequently changed where the level of oil was read from meaning they had less oil in the sump than was recommended

<tuffty/>

Its possible that your car wasn't originally fitted with a sump sensor and the sump was swapped out with one that had the sensor... typically the sump sensor is for cars that have a full DIS in the cluster

As for your dipstick issue... oil will wash up the dipstick tube from normal driving... this is why you always wipe the dipstick first and take the reading from a clean stick... if this is not showing oil then basically you have low oil levels and need to top it up...

This is also assuming that the dipstick tube is correctly fitted and not damaged as I have seen this before when someone added a bit of silicon tube to fix a broken tube and effectively changed the level the dipstick sat in the sump and subsequently changed where the level of oil was read from meaning they had less oil in the sump than was recommended

<tuffty/>
Yeah i wonder that to really odd lol,
Yea i wiped of to maybe the dipstick is to short to o added half a litre oil to it so long. But anyway thanks fpr the help :)