audi a3 1.6 chips and remaps info

valyboi

Reaction score
Hia guys
What different chips can I get for my 1998 1.6 a3 I know everyone say they pointless but it's Werth a go. I would like to know these loads on ebay chip powerbos, or the solder in chips? ect do these actually do anything or does anyone know of one that I can get and works with out making my car go pop much help would be great

Thanks nick

Unfortunately dude theres pretty much zilch in the way of power gains to be had chipping/mapping a n/a 1.6 engine. Best of saving the dosh and putting it towards a 1.8t

That's rather crap to be honest ain' it :/ amd in Essex said they can do it but cost 300 and only gain 9-12bhp if I could get power box or chip that would do a little something

Quite aside from it not being worth doing for the gains, those ebay maps, chips or whatever they are are 100% definitely a big no no. Everybody will tell you ( on a 1.8T ) to go to B5, R-tech or Unicorn, the reason being that they are tried, tested, proven and reliable or in other words the total opposite to anything bought off ebay

Its a non flashable ECU IIRC so would be physical chip... a 1.6 is a stepping stone to a 1.8t... drive it, enjoy the cheapness it brings then buy a 1.8t... <end/>

Tuning NA stuff is expensive and only rewarding on the right engine... the 1.6 is not one of them..

<tuffty/>

NA tuning is a black art... its all about getting the engine to breath... all a chip on a engine like this typically does is alter timing a little and fuelling to lift power but never by much... back in the day you ported heads, raised compression, 4-2-1 exhaust systems, cams and fitted one carb per cylinder to maximise breathing ability... I spent a fortune getting my old 2ltr pinto engine up to 150hp...

If you can afford the insurance of a 1.8t buy one and tune it, if you can't then drive the 1.6 until you can... its really that simple...

<tuffty/>