Audi a3 2.0 tdi cr 170 CBBB 2009. balance shaft delete

crack5111

Reaction score
Hi,

As above I am wondering if anyone has done a balance shaft delete on a 2.0 tdi cr engine by reverting back to an oil pump directly driven by a chain like in the reliable 1.9 tdi and if so what parts/ part numbers are needed and/or is there anywhere in the uk that sells kits?

Thanks

Hi,

As above I am wondering if anyone has done a balance shaft delete on a 2.0 tdi cr engine by reverting back to an oil pump directly driven by a chain like in the reliable 1.9 tdi and if so what parts/ part numbers are needed and/or is there anywhere in the uk that sells kits?

Thanks
You can always get the later balance shaft installed that takes the 100mm hex key.

These guys sell them:
http://www.kmbpartsdirect.co.uk/

My service is tomorrow, I've had my hollow 77mm hex key replaced with a solid one so going to see the condition tomorrow and replace with another solid. If its badly worn I will be replacing the shaft.

Mine is 2009 also.

did balance shaft swap on the a4 .use the part from kmb direct (local to me at sheffield) guaranteed for life replacement part and there is a major improvement the inteference fit of the shaft is excellent . job can be done in a few hours .the original audi part is like stirring a spoon in soup compared .
its not just the shaft they change its the drive gear as well and there machined perfectly .
might as well do cam belt etc whilst youre doing oil pump drive

You can always get the later balance shaft installed that takes the 100mm hex key.

These guys sell them:
http://www.kmbpartsdirect.co.uk/

My service is tomorrow, I've had my hollow 77mm hex key replaced with a solid one so going to see the condition tomorrow and replace with another solid. If its badly worn I will be replacing the shaft.

The misconception of this issue is staggering , it's primarily a balancer shaft keyway issue , "hello , McFly..."