Audi A3 2.0 TDI jerky gear change

Woopie

Reaction score
Hello, i have a little problem with my Audi A3 8p 2.0 TDI CFGB 170.
When i bought the car it had installed an alarm with engine start from distance. I was to an electrician that removed that alarm module because i dont need it, and immediately after he did that, when i change the gear or if i accelerate or decelerate the car when moving has a hiccup, a jerky feeling for a moment, it bounces, and the cruise control system doensn't work anymore..The car worked perfectely before the electrician removed the alarm module.
It has no errors on tester.
I think the electrician broke something, he said no...It can be the clutch sensor or what could it be?
I hope someone can help me..thank you.

Dont take this the wrong way the fact it was working ok. And if you didn't need it I dont get why you had it removed. I'm assuming this guy was capable with vehicle electronics ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woopie
I had it removed because the second key of the car was include in alarm module for imobilizer and i want to have 2 keys în case of losing first key..
The electrician i guess its capable but i think he broke something and dont want to say now..

Yeah sounds like he has made a mistake and realises the cost to put right would be expensive. Now your gonna have to try and sort either Audi or another electrician who can sort it feel your pain..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If the car is manual then it will have some sort of clutch bypass which would fool the car into thinking the clutch was depressed upon remote engine start.

If your guy has removed this then that is most likely where the fault will be, especially since you say the cruise control isn't working properly and if I'm not mistaken that too requires some input from the clutch pedal.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Woopie
@Sayam I Will go to another electrician and verify what you said. Thank you.

Reactions: Sayam
The problem is fixed.
The guy who mounted the alarm, cutted 2 wires in ECU jack, and tied another 2 wires there...it was a bad improvisation...I removed that 2 wires and tied them like it was from factory and now everything works like before :) .