Audi A3 2.0 TFSI 2007 Misfiring and stuttering (losing power)

tommiller

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've been having a problem with my A3 for a while now and I'm hoping I'm asking the right people for some advice.

The problem I'm experiencing.

Mostly when the car is cold (but it does happen when the car is warmed up) I intermittently lose power and the car starts to stutter.. It tends to happen in lower gears, 2nd and 3rd and as a temp fix I change gear. This is happening intermittently. Another thing I notice is that when the car is running (in idle) is feels like at some points it could cut out (although it never has).

So far I've checked on a VAG machine and it's registering a misfire on cylinder 4. Initially I thought it was a coil pack problem.. so I replaced the coil pack on cylinder 4 and all the spark plugs. I actually thought this had fixed the problem but a day later it started misfiring again.

Upon further inspection it seems that it's not just cylinder 4 that's misfiring although this is the only one misfiring enough to register as an error.

I've had my compressions checked which came back good.

Any ideas what this could be? Could it be a blocked injector? Any help advice would be much appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Tom.

I think you need the 8P section chap, which is the forum just above this one for the newer cars :)

We're all old in here with late 90's mk1's :laugh:

Reactions: jojo
I prefer "proper".

None of this TFSI chocolate head bull**** and paper mâché cams.

Oddly enough last time I registered a misfire in a VAG I got some pills online, very discrete packaging and next day delivery. They made the missus a little sick, but much more effective than a coat hanger.

Reactions: basil brush, kwistof and Nilz
And less painful than an "accidental" fall down the stairs no doubt. Your a bad man!!

Reactions: 16Klappe