Audi A3 2.0T FSi Turbo Build Thread

Oh nice
Do you still have the link from ebay where you got them from? I think the company that makes these is called FK but I wanna confirm.
You weren't joking about insanely bright! What's the beam pattern like, if any?

Most likely going for these, probably from FK's website itself. Works out to be £200 delivered from Germany rather than £277 on eBay ATM
230e4dfff1ccbe9cc3b4d9cbece07fb8.jpg

Yea I was gonna go for them but I love the one lens look, Looks way smarter than the old two H7 bulbs :D

Next part, Which is going to be super fun :D

20160401_121008.jpg

And done, I recommend that anyone that loves there audi to never do this. Not going to talk about how many bits I snapped getting the old cage out.

20160403_1444430.jpg

Reactions: grainqey
I will add, Can someone please help me in finding the duel climate control that fits? I tried cutting down my old one that just ended up in me loosing my mind over it.

All the climate control units look the same, There clearly is a smaller one for the double din cage but I just can't find what am looking for. I don't want to buy another single din one. :(

I remember when I cut my climate controls down, I cut about 4mm per side off it at a time then took the rest down as needed and just followed the existing edge to get the curve which pretty much worked out - the facelift climate controls are quite expensive though!

Alex

Hi guys, Been awhile so am going to start a build thread has I have quite a few plans for this car. Love it to bits.

Service items are a must for a car of this age, So for now the boring bits will get out the way first.

2005 Audi A3 2.0T Sline
79k Miles

Got it for a fair price too, The service book hasn't been well kept but I can clearly see there has been work been done on it/carried out so it has been looked after, No rough idle, Pulls well and such. Just going to do the more important parts.

Coolant bottle the old one is in bad shape, 11 quid for eurocar does the job.

Rev G DV, Am pretty sure mines is a B and will need changed for stage 1 anyway.

Thermostat housing, Car rarely hits 90c so it will get done soon.

Timing belt kit, It needs it badly, Just waiting to get it booked in for this first! Get the worse part over and done with so I can play with it later.

Cam follower there too, Will replace it even if it isn't worn, Peace of mind.

Oil change, Still waiting on my oil. I think it got lost during Xmas will have to see but my filter and such is there.

After all of the above has been done I'll be getting into the good stuff.

Future plans:

Stage 1 Revo map
Revo Intake kit
Millitek Exhaust system
Upgraded fuel pump

Very very future plans
KO4 Turbo Kit
New injectors/Coilpacks/etcetc
Brakes/Springs

Car pics soon, Been too lazy to go out and take some :p Any inputs on my list are very welcome, Incase I've missed anything.

I'd possibly say to plan to go TTE K04 hybrid rather than K04 and do the bottom end - I wish now that I'd gone bigger haha!

I suppose I might change my mind if I have the map turned up now I've done the bottom end on mine but we'll see!

Alex