Audi A3 2006 - How to connect iPod/iPhone?

euphoria

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an A3, with the orig Audi consort headunit. I have looked in the glovebox for a AUX lead to plug my iphone into but no joy!

Are there any ways to connect my iphone to play music reletevly cheaply? Im not too bothered if it charges or not? Or is it a case of buying an aftermarket unit?

Any advice would be excellent

I dont mind if it involves abit of DIY/(subtle!)Cutting/Removing/refitting etc to install a lead

Thanks

There's no auxin with your year of head unit, so need either an aftermarket adapter with auxin socket via the changer port or swap for different head unit.

RNS-E has the ability to have auxin & sd card usage, along with sat nav.

Dension, xcarlink, various tbh.

You could just get an fm transmitter for £20 upwards that will allow you to play your iPhone/iPod (anything with a 3.5mm headphone jack) through your standard console.

They work on the Fm frequency, so you set the transmitter to let's say 89.2 and your car radio to 89.2 and get presto you have iPhone/iPod connectivity. You do however have to control your music through your phone (changing song etc) as only the volume will work through your console.

Halfords tend to be the cheapest, you can get a 'tune cast fm transmitter with autoscan' for around £30.

Before changing your headunit I would definitely try this option.

Marty

Yes but when a station is on the same frequency, then it will clash, fm transmitters for me are crap.

Seconded, you can get a Connects2 adapter for £30 giving you a proper AUX in via the CD changer input, why on earth would you settle for a hopeless FM transmitter, which is the equivalent of a tape adapter?