Audi A3 2007 whining.

dubwye

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’m new here but figured id be using this forum a lot now I’ve bought a 8P as a power project.
I’ve just bought this A3 140k miles got it for fairly cheap. The lad selling it said “it’s been mapped I’m sure but I’ve not done it” usual Cade so it’ll be going to my good mates to check the map and re-map it to something I know.

my main worry is that once it’s warmed up and you give it some as it gets up towards redline it has a little “cry” as I like to call it. It whines then as soon as you change gear it stops.

please don’t tell me I’ve bought a car where the turbos about to go and engine hydro lock.

Cheers lads any info appreciated.

Figured it out. Whoever had the car first decided to put self tapping screws in to hold the intercooler hose on…… new hose kit on the way

Check both the male and female ends.

self tappers is a sign that the male end is worn and rounded (female has a steel clip, steel and alloy don’t mix). Both need replacing to get a good connection.

Check both the male and female ends.

self tappers is a sign that the male end is worn and rounded (female has a steel clip, steel and alloy don’t mix). Both need replacing to get a good connection.
Cheers mate, after further investigation I’m going to need a new cooler. I’m fancying the darkside developments S3 70mm intercooler with a 70mm hard pipe kit but need to save up a bit now!