Audi A3 2013 8V Retro Fit

Dofus

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

After waiting for sometime i pulled to trigger on a 2013 1.4 Tfsi A3 SportBack.

I am planning on to have some upgrades. Just want some advice if what I have selected is correct and some more.

• LED Headlights with Dynamic turn Signals as mine has halogen
Link

• LED Tail lights with Dynamic turn Signals
Link
struggling with compatible part numbers here if you can help for LED tail lights and adapters please?

• LED Wing Mirrors Dynamic turn Signals
Link

• LED Illuminated Cupholder
Link
If anyone can supply part number for Cupholder wiring will be ace as i thinking to pin it correctly rather than messing with wiring.
  • Puddle Lights

No able to find any can anyone help ? if at all existed for A3 8V

• Apple Car play
I would require link for a trusted one, i think aftermarket would be better as i don't want to spend much to upgrade MMi to MMi2 upgrade

Once i have every listed above i am planning on to make a Guide/Tutorial for others planning similar upgrades.

Reactions: Audi-Sport-Driver
Those headlights - crazy price
Tail lights - reasonable price
Wing mirrors turns signals - STUPID CRAZY RIPOOF from thieves website.
Cupholder - nah, not worth
Puddle lights - I bought them 2 years ago and still couldn't be bothered to fit.. Needes cutting bottom cutout hole to fit projector LED
Mmi2 - I use satnav on the phone - waze... There is no better sat nav.. Just saying.
Peace

Those headlights - crazy price
I agree they are a bit expensive but I want LED headlights... Shall I look for S3 LED headlights?
If you know the part number it will makes things easy for me.
Tail lights - reasonable price
Can you point me to the correct Part numbers for them ? if your are aware.
Wing mirrors turns signals - STUPID CRAZY RIPOOF from thieves website.
I have seen one on Amazon just not for £30ish so probably will use them
Link
Cupholder - nah, not worth
Seems cheap and easy hence i was interested. In the night it will be easy to put the coffee down without spilling :D
Puddle lights - I bought them 2 years ago and still couldn't be bothered to fit.. Needes cutting bottom cutout hole to fit projector LED
I am happy to do that , can you point me to parts you have used ?... Also what about the wiring is it there and just not connected?
Mmi2 - I use satnav on the phone - waze... There is no better sat nav.. Just saying.

Peace
I want to use Waze too but dont want to use Phone mount and want to add that feature
I am looking for something like this Link

For puddle lights and other lighting retrofits check out rocketwires.co.uk. Robin Yau who runs Rocket Wires is very helpful, and his kit prices are very reasonable.

Reactions: Dofus
I agree they are a bit expensive but I want LED headlights... Shall I look for S3 LED headlights?

Link

Seems cheap and easy hence i was interested. In the night it will be easy to put the coffee down without spilling :D

I am happy to do that , can you point me to parts you have used ?... Also what about the wiring is it there and just not connected?

I want to use Waze too but dont want to use Phone mount and want to add that feature
The same headlights are half the price on Aliexpress. They are clearly just selling it at markup.

Link

1.Led headlights : purchased them so am waiting £505 (I could have saved £20 if I was paying in dollars well silly me by currency conversion they took £20 )
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...exp_id=36dc40b8-db5f-47a7-a576-982be8762437-0

2.Tail lights : I will be waiting till December (please see pic below) (You need to be careful, A3 saloon has different so when buying always ask them )

3.Wing mirrior indicatrors : Yes buy them they ae exactly same like those from that ripof website.. they purchase in bulk for cheap from chinna ans selling here in EU or in the world 3x or 4x price !

4.Cup hold. N/A

5. Projectors : You just need to add two wires 12V from LEd to connector get same pins which needs to be crimped in the connector find out which pins by using mulitmeter find 12V earth should be obvious.. I have done it in A3 2011 But in 8V might be different and enable it in VCDS it is disabled

6.Mmi 2 : Not worth for me so don't really know too expensive .. I have 7,2'' smarthphone so am fine the audi screen is only one ich bigger but resolution is baad old fashion

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 75
1.Led headlights : purchased them so am waiting £505 (I could have saved £20 if I was paying in dollars well silly me by currency conversion they took £20 )
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...exp_id=36dc40b8-db5f-47a7-a576-982be8762437-0

2.Tail lights : I will be waiting till December (please see pic below) (You need to be careful, A3 saloon has different so when buying always ask them )

3.Wing mirrior indicatrors : Yes buy them they ae exactly same like those from that ripof website.. they purchase in bulk for cheap from chinna ans selling here in EU or in the world 3x or 4x price !

4.Cup hold. N/A

5. Projectors : You just need to add two wires 12V from LEd to connector get same pins which needs to be crimped in the connector find out which pins by using mulitmeter find 12V earth should be obvious.. I have done it in A3 2011 But in 8V might be different and enable it in VCDS it is disabled

6.Mmi 2 : Not worth for me so don't really know too expensive .. I have 7,2'' smarthphone so am fine the audi screen is only one ich bigger but resolution is baad old fashion

I just purshased the same headlights since I heard so many good reviews, hopefully they will be more sharp than the stock ones!

Do you know when they are arriving ?
I might wait for your feedback.
Why is that? are they any different .. i was thinking 2016/2017 stock ones to be retrofitted with Adapters.
Sounds good this might be my first upgrade then :)
Have you done it ?

4.Cup hold. N/A

Okie dokie
I understand but don't want phone mount stuff it I have a screen and platform that I can utilize that's all .
I just purshased the same headlights since I heard so many good reviews, hopefully they will be more sharp than the stock ones!
When are they arriving ?
have you ordered the same one from link above ?

Everyone who got them says they are very bright
nice!! i suppose its a good thing :)

Do you know when they are arriving ?
I might wait for your feedback.

Why is that? are they any different .. i was thinking 2016/2017 stock ones to be retrofitted with Adapters.

Sounds good this might be my first upgrade then :)
Have you done it ?

Okie dokie

I understand but don't want phone mount stuff it I have a screen and platform that I can utilize that's all .

When are they arriving ?
have you ordered the same one from link above ?

nice!! i suppose its a good thing :)
1.Says begining of september but guy said, can be end of this month so 20th or 25th ? yes same link
2.Saloon has different tails than Sportback
3.Yes 2 years ago and working pefect
4.Thumbs ups
5.No worries if you going to rebuild to MMi2 I think you can then upgrade screen to bigger one like in facelifts :)

1.Says begining of september but guy said, can be end of this month so 20th or 25th ? yes same link
2.Saloon has different tails than Sportback
3.Yes 2 years ago and working pefect
4.Thumbs ups
5.No worries if you going to rebuild to MMi2 I think you can then upgrade screen to bigger one like in facelifts :)
Headlights: I will wait for your feedback before ordering my set then if it is going to be this close
Taillights: What about S3 or RS3 lights ?
Wing Door Dynamic: So So far you just have dynamic indicator on then ? .. It will be interesting to see how they sync with the headlights. I suppose there must be a way to tweak the pulse?

MMI: I am just thinking to keep the one in the car and just have Car Play module added to it thats all.

Headlights: I will wait for your feedback before ordering my set then if it is going to be this close
Taillights: What about S3 or RS3 lights ?
Wing Door Dynamic: So So far you just have dynamic indicator on then ? .. It will be interesting to see how they sync with the headlights. I suppose there must be a way to tweak the pulse?

MMI: I am just thinking to keep the one in the car and just have Car Play module added to it thats all.
It doesn't matter what series but chassis matters and body. Some parts sportback shares with saloon A3/S3/RS3 and some parts are different.
Don't worry they are same there is no such sync as it is not done by audi but they blinking exactly same.. :) heh. You can see even in video