Audi a3 2014 wheels

Reaction score
Hi, I am about to buy this car, i was wondering if the wheels are modified (want to avoid it due to insurance) it may be the case of having totally different wheels or them being painted as well as the tinted windows. If you you cannot answer it, who do I ask? I asked the dealership and they said they are original but he didn't sound convincing. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• aec2250d5af7425e8524f9e9cc93fb3f.jpg
    aec2250d5af7425e8524f9e9cc93fb3f.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 4542c09453e141f0840235dac3328f43.jpg
    4542c09453e141f0840235dac3328f43.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 7a8cf4961b6148bba07ab0eb31166b07.jpg
    7a8cf4961b6148bba07ab0eb31166b07.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 173
I would not worry if you left them off the insurance quote, its not soemthing they would void your policy over.
I personally have not seen them on a A3 before.
You are not to know if they are modified and your insurer would understand that.
I deal with car claims, and an insurer could not void your policy over something so small, considering they have audi caps on the wheels.

Reactions: Jonathan Tejs
This would be the 3rd time that I'm buying insurance. When I searched different forums people said that the smallest thing such as a small sticker could be considered going against their T&C and they could void or not pay out a claim if it comes to it. Is that true ?

They look like Audi wheels as that massive centre cap looks exactly the same as the ones on my winter wheels. Looks like it’s just been refurbed black, factory colour would have been grey/silver.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jonathan Tejs
Would it be a good idea to paint it silver by getting a spray can from halfords?
Unless you are really good at spray painting then I would say no. I would say maybe scrape the paint off the Audi the logo on the centre cap to give it a bit of contrast. Just too black for me.

I am telling you 100% that an insurance company cannot void your policy because you didnt know the wheels may or may not have been modified.

If something is very clearly modified then yes you can get a policy voided, but what they tend to do it take it off your claim, but this is very unlikely.

I had my alloys painted a different colour and I did not need to notify my employer as they were still original.

I personally would not put them on as modifications as you dont know 100% if they are or not.

You can buy aftermarket caps that are dark silver which may look nice on these and look OEM

Insurance companies only tend to void policies for motor claims and convictions as you have clearly lied about.

Admiral who I am insured with and work for only void mods if they are illegal, like Nitro or possibly you have mapped the car and not told them, but even I mapped car, I dont think they would void, they would just take it off any claim, thats even if they found out.

Thanks for the advise on the wheels, what about the tinted windows if they are permanent, does audi do permanent tinted windows from factory or is that a modification?

Again I didn't tell Admiral as I know Audi does tinted windows from OEM.
I tinted my golf and powder coated my alloys and I was with shielas wheels. When my car was written off they didn't say anything.

The wing mirrors have either been wrapped or have black covers as they are not standard.
Yes your right @steverobertsbbc they are those wheels you mentioned so they are OEM and dont have to say anything.

The wing mirrors is something I need to tell the insurance ? I'm sorry but I'm worried about having my insurance voided

You can tell them the wing mirrors are black instead of white.
All you need to say is that you dont know if its standard or not, its up to them to make the choice if they want to add it.
It does not add to the performance, nor does it really increase a theft risk so I doubt they would care.

To be honest it all looks pretty standard outside apart from the wing mirrors.
Trust me they would not void your policy, they would have to be really petty and risk a FOS complaint if they void over something so small.
You are a new buyer and if the seller has not said the car is modded, they how should you know, and this is the problem with an insurance company voiding your insurance as they need to prove you lied.

Just asked the insurance company, they said that the wheels are find if they were painted to refurbish or repair them. When it comes to the side mirrors, I would need to declare it as a non-standard paintwork which in my case would increase the insurance by £200. I asked an audi dealership and they said it will cost £150 for both side mirrors to be painted back to white which probably a good price

Are you sure that isn’t the factory black pack?
Mines a black edition and the grill, windows trim and mirrors are all black.

You are right @AlS3BE
There are white Audi A3 2014 with black wing mirrors, so they must be the black edition so it wouldnt be a Mod then.
Thats crazy an extra £200.00
I mapped my car and increased it by 20% and I didnt have to pay anything.
200.00 Is just stupid just for black wing mirrors.

The window tints look factory too from the pics, i.e an optional upgrade as I cant see the $hitt% white lines arround the rear 3 windows.

If your really worried about the mirror caps then get some correct colour caps from a breakers, just make sure they are in good condition then sell the back ones maybe? or if they are wrapped then it could probably be removed. Who are you trying for insurance? there are plenty of places that dont charge for some mods, like Admiral, Adrian Flux and so on.
That car will deffo have white caps and silver rims as standard as it isnt an S line black Ed.

Reactions: Ormesome
Im using comparison websites for insurance quotes and the cheapest for this car is 'Ensure' and 'Sheila's wheels' When I went on their website, they have pretty much the same layout. Seems like Sheila's wheels is a sister company of Ensure. When it comes to the side mirrors, they seem to be shinny so I don't believe it's a wrap

Yes Esure owns shielas wheels, they set it up for female drivers years ago.
I was insured with them in 2019 when I wrote off my golf.

Im using comparison websites for insurance quotes and the cheapest for this car is 'Ensure' and 'Sheila's wheels' When I went on their website, they have pretty much the same layout. Seems like Sheila's wheels is a sister company of Ensure. When it comes to the side mirrors, they seem to be shinny so I don't believe it's a wrap
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

The dealership offered me that they could get the rims and side mirrors repainted to what Audi said are the factory colour. If they done that then there is no longer a need to declare it to the insurance isn't it ?

No but I would look to other insurers as the car looks good the way it is, and for heavens sake dont go to audi for work, use a Audi Indy as they are less than half the price and just as good.

Cancel your insurance if they are trying to charge you 200.00 just for some black wing mirrors, thats terrible.

Also your alloys are standard, so no need to repaint them, its just wasted costs.

Leave it as is and look for another insurer.

Did they do a black pack/black edition on the sport trim? Not sure iv seen that before. Thought it was a higher up model like S-Line?This could even be an SE spec car. Weird to have got the wheels refurbished black along with replacing all chrome trim. I would be wary on this one, plenty of other A3s out there, i would walk away if you are worried. Buyers market….

No but I would look to other insurers as the car looks good the way it is, and for heavens sake dont go to audi for work, use a Audi Indy as they are less than half the price and just as good.

Cancel your insurance if they are trying to charge you 200.00 just for some black wing mirrors, thats terrible.

Also your alloys are standard, so no need to repaint them, its just wasted costs.

Leave it as is and look for another insurer.

The £200 extra is what I see on the comparison websites and I still have over a week before I can buy insurance (to get my NCB). I didn't ask audi to do any works because I know they are expensive but I only asked audi on the factory design of their car

The previous owner has obviously had the front grille alloys and wing mirrors painted black

None of that is standard and black pack was not available on SE / Sport

Reactions: CraigM
The previous owner has obviously had the front grille alloys and wing mirrors painted black

None of that is standard and black pack was not available on SE / Sport

What do you mean by the front grille ? Pretty sure thats standard isn't?

What do you mean by the front grille ? Pretty sure thats standard isn't?

no the front grille has a chrome surround

The car has been played with a bit

hence black mirrors, black wheels, black grille, and also it has been “de-badged” at the rear.

all subtle mods but still mods.

no the front grille has a chrome surround

The car has been played with a bit

hence black mirrors, black wheels, black grille, and also it has been “de-badged” at the rear.

all subtle mods but still mods.

Ohh, I didn't spot that, don't think the insurance would notice. I'll wait till the weekend and i have seen another similar audi on sale which I believe is not modified at all, ill send pictures over in the next post, if you see anything please let me know :)