Audi A3 3.2 V6 2006 (8PA) recently using far too much water issue

SNRTBH

Reaction score
Recently my Audi A3 3.2 V6 2006 (8PA) DSG has started using far more water than it usually would. I would only need to add water maybe twice a year, yet now my low water light is coming on every couple of weeks. I have looked under the car and cannot see any signs of leakage, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what may be going on?

Check for any signs of dampness in the carpet at the front.

does the car steam excessively from exhaust when started?

I have the same situation as you but a leak can’t be found anywhere. Car runs fine. The only suggestion my garage has is that there’s a pin hole leak somewhere and the coolant is evaporating off leaving no sign. They suggested putting some uv due of similar in to detect the leak.

Need to pressure up over night through the reservoir & see if it drops, leaks anywhere.

Check for any signs of dampness in the carpet at the front.

does the car steam excessively from exhaust when started?

I have the same situation as you but a leak can’t be found anywhere. Car runs fine. The only suggestion my garage has is that there’s a pin hole leak somewhere and the coolant is evaporating off leaving no sign. They suggested putting some uv due of similar in to detect the leak.
Many thanks for the advice, but excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "ev"? I have no idea what you are referring to but would be most grateful to learn.
Thanks again

Need to pressure up over night through the reservoir & see if it drops, leaks anywhere.
As with the other advice, I must be the dumbest SOB on this site.
What do you mean by "pressure up"?
Is this something I could do myself or does it need to go to a garage for this?
Much appreciate you having taken the time to reply.
Thank you

Many thanks for the advice, but excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "ev"? I have no idea what you are referring to but would be most grateful to learn.
Thanks again
Ultraviolet dye. Glows under a black light so you can spot leaks. Think of paint in a cheesy night club