Audi A3 30TFSI s-line

Jay Zaccarini

JZ new A3
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and thought I'd create a thread about the new A3.

I picked up my new A3 in September moving from the old A1. I got the glacier white 30tfsi manual, it's actually a really good engine and is brilliant for what I use the car for.

I wa just wondering if someone could find the spec of the standard audi system for me please? Can't find it anywhere , all I know is it doesn't have a sub woofer so I'm getting one fitted in a few weeks.

Thanks
Jay

That will probably not state how many speakers, just look in the spare wheel well. With the A3, in the past, there was no woofer. You had to specify either the Audi Sound System or the B&O...

Like you, Im surprised (in a good way) the amount of power the 30TFSI can produce, more so after it has broken in. Probably pushing 120 rather than 110bhp as stated esp in MHEV. Feels more powerful than the 1.0TSI 110 Ibiza I had 3 years ago, despite the Ibiza being a lighter car. Standard soundsytem, probably 6 speakers 4x20 watts power is more or less standard. In Europe theres also the 'Audi Sound system' with 10 speakers not sure on power, maybe 180watts total, I think this one the sub's in the wheel well.

Like you, Im surprised (in a good way) the amount of power the 30TFSI can produce, more so after it has broken in. Probably pushing 120 rather than 110bhp as stated esp in MHEV. Feels more powerful than the 1.0TSI 110 Ibiza I had 3 years ago, despite the Ibiza being a lighter car. Standard soundsytem, probably 6 speakers 4x20 watts power is more or less standard. In Europe theres also the 'Audi Sound system' with 10 speakers not sure on power, maybe 180watts total, I think this one the sub's in the wheel well.
Modern small engine turbo charged cars are tuned to produce most of the torque at lower rev. The power becomes more easily accessible.

See here.

You get max torque at 2k rpm. You rev it more past that, you get more HP. Starts to runs out of puff after 4k though.