Audi A3 8L - > Front wishbones from S3/Cupra R. Steering rack needed?

hidro

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Just a question to ease my mind.
I got an Audi A3 8L with lots of things done to it already.
One was the Front Wishbones, etc from a Cupra R which are the same as the Audi S3, but the steering rack was kept original from the Audi A3 1.8T Sport.
Is it fundamental to change, or can be kept (although loosing the quick rack feel)?

Thanks!
Gonçalo

Thanks for the input Karl

Yeah, it would be very good to have the quick rack. Tested my mate's TT and it feels good!
My fear is that it is needed, so it does not compromise the handling on the car if not installed with the wishbones, knuckles, etc.

This is because I'm feeling the care very very understeer'y :D which might be due to the 6 year old Neova's that it has.
I'm going to try the rear new tires and see how it goes, but just wondering if I MUST get a quick rack.

A quick rack won't fix understeer...

S3/TT/Cupra R racks will feel heavier and more connected than the standard racks so coupled with a decent suspension setup will be more rewarding to drive

<tuffty/>

Cool, so the understeer I'm feeling would not be introduced by the lack of the quick rack, on the S3 front wishbones, etc.
Thanks all!

Hey karl, I saw your listing for S3 rear door blades, and was wondering if these are still available? I am looking for the rear blade on the right side.
I know I am replying to the wrong thread, but i have insufficient privileges to reply to your thread about the door blades and I dont know how to change this:sweatsmile: