Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI Clunk noise when changing down gears DSG Gearbox

Shram

Reaction score
Hi, ive noticed a noise when changing down from 6th to 5th and 3rd to 2nd. The best way i can describe it is its like a metal clunk, sometimes can be quite loud, other times it wont even make a noise. The downshifts themselves, arent rough or anything, just wondered if anyone knows anything about it.

When was the last time the gearbox oil/filter was changed? . Probably best to scan thge gearbox with VCDS and look for fault codes. A gearbox adaption with VCDS can sometimes fix these kind of issues.

When was the last time the gearbox oil/filter was changed? . Probably best to scan thge gearbox with VCDS and look for fault codes. A gearbox adaption with VCDS can sometimes fix these kind of issues.
I had the gearbox serviced in July, they also did a free health check on my car to see what needed doing. They came back with a quote for some things but the gearbox wasnt due for repair and there were no fault codes as far as im aware. The gearbox is still smooth changing up and down gears even with the 'clunk' noise.